“Amazing well prepared BBQ, comfortable ambience & great service”
Review of Bandera - CLOSED

Bandera
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We love Bandera and were happy to discover the Sacramento location after visiting the Scottsdale restaurant. We visit on date nights, and special occasions. I seem to find it hard to break out of the combo of rotisserie chicken and slow BBQ ribs with coleslaw and the blue cheese tomato salad. My husband gets a steak usually. Recently we visited and realized the menu has been edited; no separate wine menu. The food is still excellent! My tomatoes with blue cheese & vinaigrette is always a marvel in flavor. The ribs are some of the best I've had. Tastes of the filet from my husband were excellent; no additional seasoning needed. The changes we noticed: no bread being offered at all, although I could have asked ; we decided we didn't need it. The bread used to be a sort of big deal in how it was served, and that it was so amazing. The other change is the edited wine menu. I pay attention to wines and like to read an extensive wine list and it's just not the same . The last change is one I wish Bandera would reconsider: no reservations can be made. What's wrong with Open Table, if Bandera is having trouble with clientele not showing up for phone reservations?? We'd welcome that.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This place is too good to serve cheap cherries in cocktails. That is a super chintzy move in an otherwise excellent restaurant, especially, when you are waiting 45 minutes to eat the always yummy food.

I've eaten here just enough to always forget that I should not order manhattans here because they are not very good, and worst of all, they do not use good cherries. This is SO CHEAP in an otherwise quality place. Get your cocktail house in order!

The food is always excellent and the service is as well. Shout out to Leona the other day - she was very good.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 23 August 2017

There were 3 of us. The wait wasn't too bad and we got a booth. We brought a good bottle of wine. No corkage fee for the first bottle but there is one for every other. The cornbread was as amazing as usual and we had excellent service. The ribs were very good and paired well with the wine from Duckhorn Vineyards. Every time we have eaten here the food and service have been great. But be prepared to wait a little bit as can't make reservations. But they have a fine bar where you can eat if you choose.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Bandera's is always a favorite place to dine. And when we had an out of town client to entertain, it was one of the first places I thought of. When we arrived, I was slightly embarrassed as the whole outside (not only of this restaurant, but the whole strip mall) was under construction. However, I noticed a sign that said free Valet Parking during construction. So I decided to venture in with our client. The inside, food, and ambiance was just as amazing as always! Loved the Chicken and Ribs! But you can't go wrong, no matter what you order!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We took our favorite clients here and it was wonderful. They are from the MIdWest and had never tried artichokes so we ordered that appetizer. They were delicious but our visitors were still wary. We ordered steaks, hamburgers, fish and everyone was thrilled and a lot of cocktails. Service was impeccable and the food good.

Date of visit: June 2017