“Disappointed!”
Review of Biba Restaurant

Biba Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Biba Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,253 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 28th & Capitol Avenue
Transit: Bus stops on Capitol Avenue in either direction just a few yards away.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I have been waiting years to go to Biba as I know the reputation it has for its Italian food. Well, we finally went last night and although the famous lasagna was delicious, that is about all that was good. The restaurant is tired looking and definitely in need of a makeover. The server was adequate at best...zero personality and never came to check to see if we were happy with our meals. At a restaurant of this caliber, I would expect the service to be top notch. They have a long way to go! To say I was disappointed is only one way to describe the experience...many other restaurants in sac town that offer exceptional service, delicious food, and up to date ambiance

2  Thank 302SharonC

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here while he was in Sacramento on business. It was St. Patrick’s day and we did not have reservations so we were skeptical that we would even get a table. When we arrived they said sure they had a spot and promptly invited us to sit at the bar while they prepared a table. We were seated in Jorge’s section and he was a fantastic waiter. He was not only knowledgeable, but so nice and polite. We started with the beet salad and it was delicious. The lasagna for my entree was more wonderful than the salad and I didn’t think that was possible! The lasagna was so light but full of flavor. The handmade pasta was out of this world. I am looking forward to another visit when we are back in Sacramento.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Stopped in for dinner after a show at the new 'B Street Theater'. Have been hearing good things about Biba's since I've lived in Sacramento (for decades). Luckily we were able to get a table even though we didn't have reservations. The cocktails were excellent. Although the entree was quite tasty, it was only luke warm when it arrived, so I was somewhat disappointed in that. Two out of four of us had dinners that were not hot; don't know if they were 'slammed' in the kitchen or what but the meal did not quite live up to expectations. We will, however, go back and try again. I think it was just an off night. The service was quite good.

2  Thank Cigarband
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Biba’s Is an authentic Italian fine dining restaurant. It is located in Midtown. The food is great. The service is top notch. The lasagna is only served on Thursdays and Fridays. It is outstanding! It is by far my favorite dish on the menu. Biba is often there and is the kindest of hostesses. Multiple times I went to the restaurant She greeted me and my party and checked in to make sure I was happy with my service and food.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Went for a special dinner. Food was excellent. Service was great. Four course dinner included appetizer, salad, main course and dessert. All delicious