“Nice location”
Review of Rio City Cafe

Rio City Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio City Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 2,169 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We offer a delicious high-quality, farm-fresh American cuisine with lots of meats and seafood on the scenic riverfront in Old Sacramento. Casual, full bar, kid-friendly, fun atmosphere. Park in the Tower Bridge Garage, bring in your ticket, and we validate for 2 hours.
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We had an early dinner on a Friday, we had reservations, but at 5 pm, probably didn't need them. My husband said the salmon was wonderful, and I liked the Jambalaya. Service was great, and key lime pie delicious.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We have eyed this place several times when visiting but always chose another place to eat. Don't do that. The view from here is great, on the river you cant beat that.

My wife and I and both had a steak I don't remember the name but it was delicious, about 6-8 ounces with a suttle sauce. Our waitress was a twin of another waitress and it was much fun watching the interaction between the two working the restaurant.

I cant vouch for other items but it looked to me everyone was enjoying the food and atmosphere.

Right on the wharf in old town.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

The sourdough bread with cheese and balsamic appetizer is to die for. Ribs are outstanding. Great servers (Andra and Andrea, twins!). Best bet in Old Sac.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Cute place right on the river. Wasn't too busy on a Monday night, at 6 PM. We were seated right away. We opted to sit inside. We spent the day on a river, and it was nice to have some a/c.

We ordered drinks and an appetizer. I got a fruity drink with rum, and strawberry, and I think pineapple. Something freeze. Anyway, it was good. Hubby got a rum runner. Both were pretty good. Strong. But good.

We ordered the cheese bread as an appetizer, but our food came, and never got it. We asked, and said nevermind we don't want it now. So, the manager came right over, and said dessert was on them, since they never brought it. Super nice. We weren't even mad. But it was super nice for them to do that.

I ordered the burger, and added avocado. It was delish. Cooked well. Came with rosemary fries that were good.

Hubby got half rack of ribs, that came with fries and coleslaw. He thought they were tough, and dry, but I loved them. I don't usually care for ribs, but thought these were especially good. Coleslaw was pretty bland.

So for dessert we got the smores mousse. It was really good. But, I would say it's more of a brownie. The mouse was very thick, and dense, not light and airy, like mousse. We also got the key lime pie. It has a merange on top. Very sour. I really liked it.

Everything was pretty good. Our server was super nice. Everyone was friendly. Very nice inside. If we come back this way, Definetly will stop in again.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

The last few times we come here we have been disappointed with the food. When it comes to wanting the best ambiance for dinner, it is here or Scott's Seafood and it saddens me that both restaurants have been disappointing in the food department. Whether it is the quality, the quantity, or updating the menu. There are items that are your "go to", but when they disappoint, it is not bringing us back, though you don't want to miss out on the view sipping a cocktail on the river watching the sun set. Torn

2  Thank Ranchwed