“Rustic charming place to dine”
Review of Virgin Sturgeon

Virgin Sturgeon
Ranked #141 of 2,061 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We had eaten at the Pearl on our previous visits and this time my hubby wanted to try out Virgin Sturgeon after hearing it from our friends. We arrived before them and had drinks at the bar. The bartender was nice and friendly with a little humour while making his drinks. When our friends arrived we were ushered to a table with a good view of the river where we could see boats cruising up and down while we chatted and dined. The menu all looked inviting and we ordered 4 different fish seafood meals including a sturgeon to share with 2 bottles of red wine. The evening was fun and delightful seeing old friends in such a warm cozy environment. The only small issue was while we were dining it was quite hard to hear each other as it was noisy with all diners talking at the same time. Other than this it was good all through... service was good and the meal was flavorful!!!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Well cooked trout with crispy country potatoes, scrambled eggs, and some delicious whole grain toast delivered by a highly professional and personable seasoned waitress. Sat outside on the gently rocking boat, terrific river view on a sunny but cool noontime Sunday. Good time all around. All this for $11.50.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Old floating place on the river has plenty of character and can be fun. It wasn't busy yet our service was not good. I was not impressed with anything I ate and others said the same. Decent prices and quantity but it just didn't work for the group. I got tired of sitting on the wood bench after awhile. Good stop for a drink.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to the restaurant and I can say I wasn't impressed with my meal. We both ordered breakfast and to us it had no real taste. I ordered the crab omelette which was dry and locked it any kind of flavor. The potatoes were okay and the toast was served dry and still. The crowd that day was a little bit too loud for our taste but maybe that's the atmosphere for the restaurant.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We met family members for Mother's Day Brunch.... it was packed! Parking is on the side of the Garden Highway, with a few spaces out front (and only one handicap space, one of our family members uses a scooter).

The setting is wonderful; we sat out on the porch at a table with bench seats, with a lovely view of the river.

Lunch doesn't start until 12:30.... so we ended up with a late breakfast (we would have preferred lunch, since we were seated at noon). Two of us had quiche with fruit (very good), one french toast, one eggs Benedict and one omelet.

We will go back to try lunch (after 12:30 on all days).