“Not fancy but good food and menu”

New Station Restaurant
Ranked #959 of 2,159 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed 30 January 2017

Rose and I stopped her for an early dinner. Not too busy at 3PM but a scattering of local Chinese at tables. This place is very plain, the men's toilet needed tending but the staff are nice and the food is excellent. Rose had the house special chow fun and it came on a platter...enough for two. I had egg plant with chopped pork in a hot pot...the menu said spicy but it was not at all...both dishes were great. We will go back. There are so many unusual things on the menu that I would love to try. They have tanks with live crabs, lobster and fish.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

The set menu of three dishes gives you enough food for three people. Food was
tasty, hot and well displayed. Service was good but not great. Nice restaurant for a fast, reasonable lunch. I don't think they still serve dim sum any more.

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Went for Dim Sum lunch time. We had 2 dim sum dishes, 1 small bowl of soup, less than 1/2 duck, and custard dessert. The food was tasry, but not enough variety of dim sum dishes rolled out compared to other restaurants. When we got the bill, it was $30, more than we ever paid, too expensive & over priced for dim sum.

Reviewed 4 November 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit here. I love Chinese food. Ordered the seafood chow mein and was told it had shrimp, calamari, fish. It came with those but the noodles were thin and crispy, not thick and soft like most chow mein. Very plain, not much flavor. The calamari was chunks of squid that were chewy, a few shrimp and a couple of small pieces of fish. I was going to give 2 stars, but I don't want to judge just on one dish. Although, honestly, I do not think I will go again. The waitresses were very nice.

1  Thank buztail
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This place has been around for a while...nothing fancy but the seafood is actually quite good. Order the lobster, crab, or steam fish and be in for a little pleasant surprise. Though not as good as many 5 star restaurant in San Francisco or Vancouver, for the price, its actually quite good. Look past the decor and the atmosphere (your typical loud chinese restaurant) and you will be pleasantly surprised.