“Come for the Buns ... and stay for the Steak !!”
Review of Logan's Roadhouse

Logan's Roadhouse
Ranked #665 of 2,148 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 29 May 2015

The fresh, warm, yeasty, doughy buns topped with butter are an absolute treat; like eating dessert first. They are unique. I dare you to stop after one. (We had two each and took a third home). Even if you have to starve yourself for a day ... or a couple of days ... you owe it to your gastronomic juices to dine here. And the kicker is : the steak is excellent too ! My large serving was done perfectly medium rare, very juicy, very little fat or gristle, topped with sauteed mushrooms. I chose the standard sweet potato which came with butter and brown sugar (I love butter). Absolutely a delicious and filling meal for $22.

My wife's ribs were solid meat, a bit dry until we lathered them we some extra sauce. Her white baked potato with the works was huge and scrumptious. We took half of it home along with the bag of peanuts they offer you as a parting gift for free. The ceasar salad was served crispy and cold with just the right amount of dressing. Entrees came out quickly and hot.

One other nice thing was that the seating arrangements allow you to have a conversation with your companion. Didn't have the din of noise that you so often encounter in a large restaurant. Service was attentive - our server came by four times to check on us, and she had several tables. The wine list is minimal but adequate; and of course we never have room for dessert so I can't comment on that course. Gotta save room for another Bun ! Gawd they're good !!!!

Reviewed 23 January 2015

I like to try the different "Roadhouse" restaurants especially when I find one that I haven't seen before. Logan's can best be described as a typical roadhouse with the typical fare. I ordered a 12oz ribeye steak and asked for it to be medium rare. Along with the steak, I had fries and a ceasar salad. As with all the other roadhouse restaurants, you also get hot rolls with butter and plenty of peanuts to munch on while throwing the shells onto the floor and of course, there is always country music playing in the background and sports being played on flat-screen TV's thoughout the establishment.
The rolls were hot and steamy with a glaze of butter on them. They were served with a small bowl of whipped butter. I liked this part because most of the other chains will serve the rolls with a sweetened cinnamon butter which I'm not the most fond of. I like my butter to have a butter taste and this one did. The ceasar salad was brought out while waiting on the main course. The salad was okay but nothing to really write home about.
Finally, my steak and fries were brought out in a very reasonable amount of time. The fries were of the shoelace variety which remind me of McDonalds. They were somewhat soft and floppy if you know what I mean. Normally, with a steak, I prefer to have fries that are a little more beefy in cut since they seem to go better with a steak that way. Now, on to the steak. The steak was seasoned well and had a good flavor however, when I order medium-rare, I expect the cow to give it's dying "moo" on my plate. Unfortunately, this one did so in the kitchen before it got to me. It was more on the medium side than the rare side. It was a twelve oz steak but it was thin and you have to be quick when cooking a thin one otherwise it will cook all the way though before you know what is happening.
Bottom line is that it's just okay and if it were the only choice of roadhouses around, I'd probably give it another try if not just for rolls. Of the three roadhouses I've tried, (Texas, Original, and Logan's), I'd rate them in the order I just wrote them.
Happy gastronomic adventures to all of you.

Reviewed 1 January 2015

Went after a Kings game, place was dead at 9pm. Steak was fatty, shrimp were smaller than expected. Rolls were hot and buttery, service was outstanding. Online menu and menu in the restaraunt were different as well.

Reviewed 11 October 2014

Loved the atmosphere, the tunes, the eye candy starts with looking at the menu. Definitely for the hungry meat eaters of the world!!

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Our first time ever to any Logan's Roadhouse was a good experience. Food was tasty, hot, and plentiful. My wife had the ribs and she was impressed!

I think the prices are a little on the high side, but I don't mind paying a bit more when the food is good. Service on the Sunday early after noon meal was good, with the wait staff paying just the right amount of attention.

We don't live in Sacramento, we were there on a motor home trip to Oregon. However, we have Logan's Roadhouse near where we live and we will certainly try that one.

Been to Logan's Roadhouse? Share your experiences!