“Best BBQ”

Tank House Bbq And Bar
Ranked #149 of 2,197 Restaurants in Sacramento
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So happy and I both agree that this is some of the best barbecue we have ever had. I wish we took a picture. Highly recommend the smoked turkey sandwich. They will give you a sampling of other barbecue sauces to decide which one you like best. We also enjoyed the salad which is a very good portion. Couple that with the amazing service from the gentleman behind the bar and this is a five star review. I only wish we took a photo prior to enjoying the food

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (66)

Reviewed 21 November 2020 via mobile

Excellent BBQ!!! Their Hot Wings, Baby Back Ribs, & Dirty Tots were soooooo good!!! The coleslaw was different but it was really good!!! Every single member of their staff was superb; helpful, friendly, and all about excellent customer service!!!

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 26 February 2020

My parents and I stopped in to get some brisket and ribs to take home. I was very impressed by their curated beer selections and the food was great. Will revisit. Tots are bomb.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 31 December 2019 via mobile

I’ve always liked this place. I still think it has the best smoked brisket in town. On a recent trip I sat inside for the first time in a long time. That’s when I realized the place is filthy. The booth we sat in had broken and dirty blinds. There were sauce splatters on the benches, table and the blinds. And they were clearly not new splatters.

In addition to the cleanliness issues, we waited over 20 minutes yesterday for our lunch. The place was empty. All the meats are pre-prepared. It was like they forgot we placed an order.

Finally, the food was still good. My wife did not like her turkey sando and said it was really dry, but the kids’ ribs and my sando were great.

Place still has potential but with the wonder BBQ spot Urban Roots not that far away (which is always spotless) there is. I reason to go here until they take the time to get the place in order again.

Date of visit: December 2019
2  Thank jefferylesq
Reviewed 6 August 2019

My wife and I were in Sacramento on business and the Tank House was recommended by a business colleague.
It was what seemed to be a local spot near and if you we’re driving downtown could easily have passed it unless you smelled the outdoor smoker going.
The staff was very friendly. We ordered the “dirty tots” which were tater tots topped with smoked pork, cheese sauce and more. I believe these were hands down my favorite food on this 7 day trip.
We are on the patio outside and if there was one thing missing would be more indoor seating but that wasn’t a big deal with all they offered.

Date of visit: August 2019