All reviewscal expotrain trackslight sleeperfront deskcheese omeletsthe breakfast areawall papermarriott brandvery clean hoteltrash cansyogurtmini fridgewould stay here againdirect tvcourtyard by marriottalarm clockgreat place to stay
Reviewed 25 May 2018

I stayed in this hotel, I found the room layout to be piss poor, you cannot open the bathroom door and room entry door at the same time. The shower/tub controls are not safe to access reaching over the toilet, again, piss poor layout. Then there is the electronic locks on entry hall doors that do not unlock for egress, I would think this a huge liability and fire code issue. They give you ear plugs to deal with the constant train noise from next door while charging you up the yingyang for a room, NOT A GOOD VALUE! Oh yeah,, and the housekeeping leaves previous tenants food in the room for you, real classy joint!

Room Tip: There are no non noisy rooms here, there is a train yard next door, DUH!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Byron O, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Edwin Q,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing a quality and restful stay for our guests and sadly we have fallen short of our goal. Unfortunately I don't have much control over the design of the room doors nor the train noise. The train by law must sound its horn every time it passes over a road, it does not have a regular schedule and most days and nights it is not an issue. As to exiting the building, I assure you all common area exits are fitted with a push bar and all guest rooms have a pull down handle to exit; at no time do you need a key card to exit any door in our building. We are up to date on all fire codes and inspections.

I was very disappointed to hear you found food items left in your room from the previous guest when you checked in. I have shared your feedback with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure the issue is discussed with the housekeeper involved and with all of our housekeepers so we may continue to offer our guest the quality stay they have grown accustom to expect.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Sacramento.

Byron O’Neil

Reviewed 13 April 2018

I stayed at this place many times and always had good feeling. Most staff are very good, Erika (front desk), Carolyn(F&B) and Joann (GM) are very very good. They go out of the way to help the guests and attend to all the issues on priority. They do have free shuttle service and they accommodated our odd requests (10 mile drop off) a couple of times. Again, Thanks to Erika and Joann they are very very good. Avoid Monica and your checkin will be very good.

Room Tip: Rooms near elevator do get the vibration impact.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Srib155
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at a location on this property which is ran by the same GM who last name is Warren. My privacy was violated by a member at this location. I was staying at a location on at this site that has 3 Marriotts hotels on it.. someone went to the front desk of One these locations and ask if and where I was staying.. and the person at the front desk told them. Please keep in mind that this person wasn’t part of my party but just told the clerk that we were suppose to meet. I was very upset because this person wasn’t someone I was meeting nor wanted contact with. When I called to speak with management all I was told by this Warren guy is we will speak to the clerk. REALLY!! My privacy was just violated my weekend was damage and all I get is we will talk too this employee.. oh and please don’t call JW Marriotts office because all they will say is oh we’re sorry. I sent ten info and they said oh the GM feels your threatening.. funny thing is I quoted the 4th amendment.. So bottom line is don’t stay at any of these property’s at the Cal Expo location if you value your privacy.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Joanne S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear DC,

When we originally spoke, I informed you this was serious and I took it very serious. I explained to you exactly what happened with the guest asking for you by name at our hotel. In most case the same company doesn't run the hotel next door and that probably would have been the end of it. Our front desk agent was trying to provide good customer service by finding you for the guest that requested you by name at the hotel next door.
I am sorry that you don't believe I took it seriously. Once notified, I immediately spoke with the agent so as not to make the mistake again. We can only correct based on information we have been provided, so when we learn of a problem we address.
Mr. Marriott's office attempted to help with the issue after you contacted them, I explained what we learned and our corrective action. They agreed that should be the end of it but you want to send me pictures with the word "stalker" in them with no reference to me as to what this means?
Again I am sorry that this occurred during your stay. I appreciate you making us aware so we could provide corrective training to prevent this in the future.
Doug Warren

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Our daughter was going to MEPS for the Air Force. We didn't want to make the drive to Sacramento twice between dropping her off/picking her up so we decided to make it an overnight. Fairfield Inn is near Arden Fair mall, plenty of restaurants, Cal Expo. Around the corner is the on ramps to the freeway so nothing is too far away. Our room was spacious and comfortable for 1 night. We especially liked the alarm clock. It has a setting that you can listen to wind chime/ocean/brook/and one other that I can't remember. We liked the brook because it reminded us of visiting my mother in her old house. We did hear the train that other reviews noted. The tracks are a building away. It didn't bother us because we have train tracks about 1/2 mile from our house and we live near an Air Force base. So we're used to unscheduled loud noises at all hours. But if you're someone that likes it quiet at night, this may not be the hotel for you. There is a smoking area outside at the middle area of the building. It had 2 metal benches and 2 trash cans with sand ashtrays in a ring on top of the trash area. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. Standard hotel breakfast buffet(eggs, sausage, bacon, oatmeal, muffin, cereal). It's good, just standard. The breakfast seating area is small. We went early so there were only a few people. But I can see it being very crowded and loud with just a few more people. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The staff is the best! Very clean hotel and conveniently located. Blanca is the best breakfast maker!! Erikka is the best Desk Clerk. Brad and Aeraceli are the best!! Good internet. Nearby Costco, Arden Faire Mall and many restaurants. (BJ'S Spaghett Factory etc)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Joanne S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Deb W,

Thank you for sharing with other travelers what a great hotel and staff we have. We will be sure to share your comments with the staff. For the record, we offer a shuttle Monday-Friday from 7am-7pm by appointment, within a 5 mile radius for your convenience.
We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon.

Joanne S.