“Excellent all the way around. ”

Flynn Geoff - Chops Steaks Seafood & Bar
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: L Street
Transit: The light rail is up the street from the restaurant on the K Street Mall.
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

Great service. Not on complaint. Courteous, helpful, friendly waiter. Incredible prime rib for me and reportedly extraordinary lobster for my friend. Perfect experience.

1  Thank Suziql

Reviewed 18 May 2016

I came to the city for a convention and rather than stand in line at the convention trough I decided to go for a walk and find some local flavor. I was about a 1/2 block from the state capital when I came across this steak house. It was a lively bunch in the bar area and being happy hour I'd expect as much but I asked to dine in a quieter area. The hostess took me to another area of the restaurant. It was quiet, dim lit and comfortable. Just what I was looking for. I ordered the prime rib and craft beer. I cant remember the name of the beer but they had a few ales and a dark stout. I went for the stout:) It was as awesome as the prime rib! The service was excellent and the atmosphere was relaxing. Its not a place to go on a budget (about 50,00 a head when added up) but if you are looking for a nice place to eat and you plan on deducting the expense, you have to come here :)

1  Thank semperfihomes
Reviewed 8 May 2016

We visit Chops about once a month, and sit in the bar - Happy Hour is fantastic (the house Chardonnay is surprising good, at $6/glass). Misty is one of the best servers we've had - she is organized, fast, attentive, knowledgeable... We often have dinner at the bar, or in the bar area, just to experience her awesome service!

1  Thank Wendi D
Reviewed 21 April 2016

I had lunch with a friend, Looking over the lunch menu I thought the choices were good but not knowing how they compare to other places in the area, I thought the prices were a bit high.

In fact, the Filet Mignon at $45.00 is way too high for lunch.

The waiter was pleasant and courteous.

This restaurant is across the street from the Capitol so very convenient and I enjoyed sitting outside.

1  Thank Scotty M
Reviewed 23 February 2016

The choice of steaks, chops, appetizers and everything on the menu is just fantastic. The Filet Mignon was cooked to perfection. My friends feasted on a perfectly cooked 20 ounce Ribeye steak. Service was outstanding at the atmosphere just right. The hostess, Trish, makes everyone feel that they are the most important person in the restaurant. Great location, just across the street from the State Capitol in Sacramento. Can't wait to go back.

2  Thank rxslugger