“Wonderful little restaurant in Old Town Sacramento”
Review of Bali Kitchen

Bali Kitchen
Ranked #96 of 2,169 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Cuisines: Indonesian
Description: It's all about the Spice! We use spices you've never heard of, for flavor you'll never forget!! Bali Kitchen is a family owned, friendly cafe in Old Town Sacramento that serves authentic Indonesian cuisine and other tasty, healthy Asian dishes.
Reviewed 6 March 2018

I was in Old Town Sacramento last week with my partner who was attending a conference ar a nearby hotel. After checking out most of the shops, I found this little Indonesian-Chinese fusion restaurant at 1100 Front Street, across the street from the main commercial area and about halfway between the railroad depot and the old one-room schoolhouse museum. It looked like a chummy place, the menu was posted outside, and the price was right.

I chose Cap Cay - white meat chicken, sliced beef, shrimp and a truckload of veggies marinated in house-made ginger garlic sauce, stir-fried and served over rice. I ordered and paid at the counter and the gentleman said “you can go ahead and take a seat anywhere and we'll bring it to you.” My lunch arrived a few minutes later. It was served on a cute square plate, and it was ʻono (delicious). Most entrées are $8.99 and can be prepared without meat - the menu states that that they can arrange preparation of menu items for their vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free customers. A variety of side dishes, appetizers, sodas and juices are available; no beer or wine. The restaurant is small (6 tables), friendly and clean. Hours are 11:30-6:30 every day. I highly recommend this place and would definitely go back.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

I ordered Seafood Curry Soup and it was delicious! Refreshing, coconut milk and curry was just the right amount.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

The food is so so good, the prices are fair. We were a group of 5 people and everyone enjoyed their food! The staff is amazing, friendly and helpful! Recomended!

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Its a small restaurant with a cool authentic vibe. The food was great! Im vegetarian and had the fried noodles (Bakmi Goreng). I highly recommend if you are in the area.

1  Thank Alisa C
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Just dropped by this little restaurant on a recommendation from the Tourist Office in Old Sac, and was thoroughly impressed. On a hot day, sitting under the shaded patio area next to the railway, with vintage train engines chugging by was very memorable ... and then we got the food, which was top-notch quality and taste at incredibly low prices. The wok-cooked veggies were just perfect - crunchy & flavoursome, and if you like a bit of spice, the Red Thai Curry is just perfect! The man behind the counter was lovely and advised us perfectly too. Would love to comeback again one day ...

1  Thank Markov555