“Very good for a chain restaurant!”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #7 of 337 Restaurants in Salinas
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: The city of Salinas has several attractions for residents and visitors to experience, from the Mazda Raceway to the National Steinbeck Center. Of course, you’re going to build up an appetite — and that’s where we come in. The Black Bear Diner has a wide selection of menu favorites, and definitely a few surprises up our sleeves. We invite you to come in and stay a while.
Reviewed 15 September 2017

My husband and I split the big burger, they don't charge you either! Their portions are huge but it was an excellent burger! Loved the homemade chips too!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We had a wedding rehearsal dinner there. They didn't get my order quite right, but what I had still tasted good. The waiters served us with diligence, trying to make sure we were taken care of, and that with a smile.

I would go there again.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

When you go to eat out there are basic standards we've all got from how much ones waiter or waitress is paying attention, to the cleanliness of the location itself, enjoyment of the meal, quality for price and so on. This black bear was ON it in every manner. Our waiter Jacob was obviously rather comfortable in his position, from his mannerisms and casual attitude while noticing everything needed as well as great communication with his partner in crime (forgive me, I WANT to say I or A.. Something, but I've misplaced his name...)Anyhow, these two work great together, smoothly and it was just excellent. Questions asked recieved immediate answers and it was great to see the teamwork. Truly. I had taken a bite out of a chicken strip that had a texture I wasn't quite expecting so happened to have an odd look on my face the moment Jacob walked up to see how we were- he immediately noticed, verified that I wasn't pleased at that moment, explained why that occurs and immedialtey stated it wouldnt be on our check and all so well done it was comforting. I have hardly ever enjoyed a restaurants overall everything as much as this location and these two employees making things work so well is to be praised indeed. Thank You Black Bear Salinas. Keep rocking with it!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Fun menu... huge portions and consistently good meal... the service was friendly and it is just a comfortable place to dine when road tripping...

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Great home style cooking with large servings. We always go to one of their locations when we are in California. Wild caught salmon is great! My wife couldn't eat it all, I had to help her finish it.

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!