“My personal favorite”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about Black Bear. The restaurant is scrouplious clean, the menu is amazing. I have yet to receive bad food. The staff is so ready to help and answer any questions you might have. Most of the emoyees have been with the company a long time which says so much as an employer.This is a place you can take your family and be happy to do so.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Looking for a comfort meal my family and I went to Black Bear Diner. Inside the restaurant the seating area was very big, but the tables were positioned awkwardly and very spread out. Upon arrival we were greeted nicely by the front counter employee. Then we were taken to our table. Unfortunately, we sat for quite awhile before we were attended to. Our waiter seemed overwhelmed, but took our food and drink orders and continued on. It took about 10 minutes to get our drinks and then about another 25 additional minutes to get our food. Although it took a really long time the food tasted great. It definitely hit the spot.
Overall, the restaurant could definitely use some more employees to cut down on the wait time and to get the food out faster because 35 minutes to get food is quite a bit of time. But, the food is delicious and worth a visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Downgraded the score from a higher rating due to absence of our wine preference. On two consecutive nights informed by waitress that chardonnay was on offer only to be then told that supply had run out. All other dining aspects were good and enjoyed our meals.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I come here every time I visit me family in California, Jason is friendly and fast with his service, Chris the manager is very efficient at running a great crew! I can’t wait to come back again!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I usually try to only post positive reviews as I think every place can have an off day, but this place was really bad value.

Overcooked fish, seasonal veg was inedible because it was undercooked. My husband's full size dinner portion of slow cooked meat was actually small - he's not a big eater but he was left hungry.

Service was lukewarm at best, waiter never asked if the food was good (I guess he knows...) And was more interested in flirting with a table of girls.

None of the food was fresh or had any quality - I could go on but I'll just say if you enjoy fresh, properly cooked meals then this isn't the place for you.