“Good food / small portions”

Insalata's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Insalata's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in San Anselmo
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Barber
Transit: Sir Francis Drake at Barber
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Insalata is a very good kind of modern Italian restaurant. It's a pleasant experience in a fairly quiet room. The food is well done and somewhat inventive. The portions are very small. I had the black pepper pappardelle with squash and mushrooms. It had a pleasant, understated sauce and the squash and mushrooms were nicely done. The criticism I would have is that there weren't enough of the mushrooms. For dessert I had the pear galette which was excellent.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

It's been many years since we've eaten at this restaurant and we still love it. We met friends there recently for lunch and we all loved our meal. Generous portions and very good service.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We came for Thanksgiving and had a great time. The staff were so friendly and helpful, happily sorting out the different requests of a large family group. The Thanksgiving lunch was quite delicious - everyone loved the freshness and flavours of the food. Best dishes were the salad, the vegetarian lunch and apple galette. We loved the space here with high ceilings and foodie art work on the walls - altogether a great place for a family get together.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Our go-to place in Marin. I think it's the best restaurant in the area. I'd put it up against anywhere I've been. Honestly. The menu might seem a bit daunting given the combinations they put together (to me it's exciting), but trust that this place knows how to make your taste buds sing with every bite. I am from Mediterranean stock and Insalata's takes the cuisine to new heights. Can't say enough about the service, atmosphere, menu choices, quality and originality. Been there three times in the last four months (and we were there when they opened) ... it is amazing. They even have a deli case for take-out that is fabulous. Why didn't I pick up a copy of her cookbook when I was there ... guess I'll have to go back! Thank you Heidi Insulata Krahling!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We have been going here for all special occasions since it's opening. Very good food. They menu is limited but has always been rewarding. Heidi's approach is to have unique and very fresh food.