All reviewsmarin countyexcellent breakfastair conditioningno elevatorcomfortable bedsuitcasesvalenti
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

On a business trip this place was patronized by locals. it’s a nice inn with a Uk flavor, each room is slightly different I love the hotel personality and the nice staff . It s also a great location for shopping and restaurant, will definitely be back again

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2017

No refund even for flight cancellation and notification before check in time (all flights cancelled from Seattle to SFO and Oakland on 10/29/17). Manager tried to justify because they are small business and then hung up when I noted this is the nature of the travel business. Don't plan to stay there if you fly into town. Leave no money at the San Anselmo Inn.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We only stayed one night so it was tolerable but the room was very small and not in the best of shape. The photos are misleading and I didn't realize it was only a 2-star hotel. It is quite expensive for what it is. Our room was on the 2nd floor (no elevator) and was right above the alley that is shared with the restaurant. It was rather warm and they do not have air conditioning so we had to keep the window open and the noise from the restaurant taking out the trash and bottles, etc was a bit much.
It was clean but as mentioned could really use a renovation.
The breakfast was decent. The location is good and there is a nice little downtown.
If the price wasn't so high I would not have expected more but it was expensive and to top it off I was charged more than what was quoted to me and emailed to me. Once there they charged a "facility fee" which was never mentioned.
Overall, I was not happy and I would not stay at this inn again.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have bags be aware of that.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Lovely rooms, friendly staff, yummy breakfast, clean. Each room was different (I came back for another night), and felt like an Aunt's house and you were a guest. Except you had privacy and space! Great places to eat nearby, and safe to walk the streets alone. I loved the staff, and could tell they worked hard on this beautiful, old building. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: By quiet, I mean not in a busy city with city noises. The house creaks and moans with history. More like a home than a box hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Oh my God where to start? Just AWFUL customer service! Booked a stay here for two nights and unfortunately had to cancel. So I got a one night "penalty" which I understand since I didn't cancel in time. But I did cancel in time to get the other night refunded. Well......these clowns DO NOT RESPOND and if anything just ran away and refused to answer emails from me and from Booking.com pretending to be "a small business" and they need don't have resources to answer emails. What a load of BS. Small businesses should be extra responsive. AVOID!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends