“Good Things Come In Small Packages!”
Review of Valenti & Co

Valenti & Co
Reserve with OpenTable
Valenti & Co is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in San Anselmo
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We make our own pastas, butchering, bread, pastries... we make extensive use of wholesome local and Italian ingredients and even grow several of our fresh herbs, fruits and vegetables and raise our own eggs in a state certified facility. We like to be wholesome, it's hard work, but like chef Valenti says "after all, I do eat here everyday!" Our wine list is crafted around our cuisine, so we feature mostly Northern Italian wines some of which you'll be thrilled to discover. On any given day we have at least 20 wines by the glass and on-tap from $6 and up.
Reviewed 19 September 2017

My wife, son and I Had the pleasure of dinner at this establishment earlier this month.
Don't expect a huge plate of food, but do expect beautifully prepared, perfectly seasoned entrees.
My son had the rabbit, my wife had the gnocchi, and I had the risotto.
We all agreed that it was the best food we'd had in some time.

2  Thank harrylime49

Reviewed 15 September 2017

As we love Italian food Valenti's was an easy choice. Ambiance was much like a Roman oesteria. The food was very good, nice salads, excellent wine selection. Primis came quickly but the secundis took an hour to arrive. It was definitely slow food. Luckily we had no where else to go. Tiramisu was "crispy" and not very good.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Probably the best restaurant in San Anselmo. Gnocchi to die for. Excellent service . Beautiful food.

1  Thank DiverDon8
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Valenti is as perfect a restaurant as you're gonna find. We have eaten well in Italy, we have eaten well in San Francisco, we have eaten well in New York City...around the whole world, really. Valenti is the kind of restaurant that, if your friend was traveling someplace, you would insist that they go eat there. It's what I call a "memory restaurant", the kind of experience that you will have as a memory all of your days. Like il Latini, in Florence, or La Ricotta in Porto.

Valenti is an intimate, gentle restaurant with a quiet open kitchen that allows Chef Duilio Valenti, I'm sure, to feel connected to his guests, his inspiration. The staff is attentive, yet nearly noticeable, appearing somehow just in time. There is no hurried feeling, no banging of dishes, no drowning in water glass service. This is a great place for a foursome to be able to catch up in a quiet conversation. And perfect for a date.

I always remember how, when I was a boy my father used to say to me, "You're eyes are bigger that your stomach" when I would read all my wants from a menu. When I read Valenti's men, I hear my father's voice. I want one of everything.

When we go we enjoy sharing a couple of "table" appetizers, and a bottle of white wine among us, to open the meal. There are several entrée choices, with something for everyone including vegetarians, and daily specials that distract you just when you thought you knew, for sure, what to order.

Over several visits, I must say, we have never had a dish that was less than perfect. The Veal Chop is rich and delicate at the same time, the Arctic Char, is a delicate fish something like, "salmon-lite", the grass fed New York Steak is expertly cooked to a deep pink that melts in your mouth. There always seems to be dishes on the menu with truffle, and those are too good to resist.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea... I don't want to give away our little hometown secret, but if you want the perfect meal, you deserve to know about Valenti.

A couple of nice pluses: Cozy bar area where you can't have a drink if you're early for your reservation, and the kitchen-side tables where you can watch the chef and crew quietly do their magic!

1  Thank James B
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The food is excellent and these vice was perfect. We were able to share entrees and desserts with no problem. We also had salads to share as well as appetizers.
Everything was delicious.