“A big Sandwich for the PRICE!”

Max's Eatz and Fresh Bakery
Ranked #101 of 159 Restaurants in San Bruno
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: It seems to me that even though this restaurant is only available to SFO travelers, it still should be allowed to be rated on TripAdvisor as this is a traveler's website, and many travelers go through SFO daily.
Reviewed 4 November 2014

We noticed the line at Max's Eatz, which moved quickly, considering the sandwiches are made to order. You can get a 1/2 sandwich soup combo, and great deli sandwiches including a tuna salad with capers to a rueben, pastrami and more. They are very large and easily can be split between two people.. Great bread choices and each sandwich comes with a side of cole slaw or potato salad, home made for sure. This is a nice change from chain lunches.

Reviewed 21 October 2014

Most airport food is poor - and I didn't have high expectations here but low and behold a genuine deli in Terminal 1. Bread is super fresh, portions are plentiful - as good as you would get at any deli in the city. That said its pricey - a sandwich and soda will come in around $12-14 but compared to the other options its a no-brainer.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I actually had one of the best airport meals that I've ever had from here. I was amazed to discover that they had sandwiches made from non-processed meats such as real roasted turkey and rare roast beef. And you can pick your bread, toppings, and spreads. The only thing that would have made it better would be availability of a creamy horseradish spread for the roast beef. The meal is packed in a plastic container to carry onto the plane. Due to the length of the flight I was glad that the portion was so big, well worth the price!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I got lucky yesterday...my wife was on business to San Francisco. She was sitting at the airport waiting for her plane, and stopped by Max's for a sandwich. She got me a bowl of clam chowder to go, with two sourdough rolls.

First off, really? These guys have great clam chowder at the airport? No way. Airport food is a 3 out of 10 experience at best! Well, I guess not a Max's. She got back home to our place in LA around 6:15pm, she left SFO at 3:45 pm, then fought traffic from LAX at 5pm to drive to Whittier.

She handed me the double boxed bowl of soup, and rolls and said "Try it."

It was pretty damned good, I was impressed greatly. The rolls weren't a 10, I'd give them a 7. The chowder was an easy 9 out of 10, you could taste the clams easily, and it had a little kick to it as if some Tobasco was in the chowder already.

Next time I'm in SFO, I'm heading for Max's for some food. You should, too!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The terminal I was in only had this restaurant and another to grab a quick breakfast, so I chose this restaurant. I thought the price was too high for a croissant with eggs, cheese, and a choice of a meat. However, I did not realize how large the sandwich actually was. I think the size of the sandwich somewhat justifies the price and the sandwich was very good. They do not skimp on the how much they give you and it was cooked well. It is a good place to stop by if you need something quick to eat.