All reviews fire pit business park indoor pool bistro area san francisco shuttle service bart station front desk staff next morning convenient location an early flight beds were comfortable oatmeal free parking lobby airport mall
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We had booked a stay with this Hotel for Friday July 14th - July 15th, 2017. We booked through another travel site. I called the hotel directly to request a refrigerator to store my Breastmilk ahead of time and they were very accommodating and friendly. This was going to be our first family trip with our 8 month old baby girl and we were very excited. However, our baby was not feeling well. She was running a low grade temp all night and fussy. We thought it was just normal teething but then in the morning her temp increased and she refused to breastfeed or have her morning oatmeal, so we decided it was best to cancel our trip and take her in to her pediatrician. We called the travel company we booked through & explained our situation & they attempted to call the hotel and get us a refund but the hotel flatly refused. I then called the hotel myself, spoke with the manager & front staff. Told them our situation to which they stated they had a 48 hour policy on cancellations. I stated we were still coming 48 hrs ago our baby just got sick. The manager came on the line and was extremely rude & stated, "Well then you should've called last night." She sounded very irritated & non caring. I was stunned. I couldn't believe this hotel was this cold hearted. They were so nice when I called asking for the refrigerator for our stay. We took my daughter in & she had an ear infection. I am appalled and disgusted with the lack of customer service at this hotel. All the people who are on here raving about the great customer service may have that when all is well but when you have a situation such as ours where customer service REALLY COUNTS they fail miserably. Just an honest option and review. Hopefully, you don't need customer services help if you do end up booking here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank befree2day
CY_SFOSB_GM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear guest,

We are very sorry that your plans to visit the San Francisco Bay Area were hampered by your child's illness and understand your disappointment. All of us hope that your child has recovered and is doing well.

You mentioned in your review that you booked your hotel stay here at the Courtyard San Francisco Airport through a travel site, many of these travel sites have restrictions around cancellation that are the policy of the travel site not the policy the hotel. Unfortunately because you did not book your reservations directly with us we do not have the opportunity to cancel a reservation on your behalf.

Given your circumstances hotel leadership would have absolutely cancelled your reservation as a courtesy, but unfortunately we are unable to cancel reservations made through travel industry sites those cancellations are at the discretion of the party you booked with.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 15 July 2017

While staying at this property, there was a mechanical issue with my a/c which caused flooding in my room. When I reported it to the hotel front desk, they sent maintenance to repair the leak. I had to be moved to another room (which I had to do myself). After I finished my conference call in the new room, I realized I left the base to my computer in the old room. When I went back the room was cleaned and the base was gone.

I went to the front desk to retrieve the lost item. After following up several times, I was informed that it wasn't in the room. The reality was - it was left in the room so either the cleaning lady or the maintenance man removed the item.

Marriott lost prevention then called to file a claim. After spending 30 minutes with the representative who assured me they would follow-up in 3 business days, I had to call them twice more to get an answer.

The answer was - no one found it so it wasn't their issue. It is their issue if their staff removes items from a room and doesn't report it or turn it into lost and found. If this is their level of integrity on such a simple item, I wonder what it would be on something of greater value.

The customer service at this hotel is so poor I don't know how they stay in business. The only thing I can assume is travelers are desperate for a place in the area so they get business by default. I am Marriot Gold and will not stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel is in the flight path of SFO - be warned it is noisy from the heavy international flights taking off nearby.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience. As I recall the item was a Nintendo base station and while none of our team members found the item in the guest room after your room change it was with a desire to exceed expectations we we in fact did authorize Marriott claims to reimburse you for the item left behind.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you encountered due to the broken Air Conditioner line.

Hotel management.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Loved this Courtyard. Clean and friendly. This is a gem near the airport and in driving distance of everything. Good eating choices at nearby mall. Superior front desk staff and manager. Highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
CY_SFOSB_GM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read and share your review with our team. Come back and stay with us again when your travel brings you to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Sincerely
Hotel Managment

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We had a large family gathering with many reserved rooms. Everyone was happy with their accommodations. The staff did their very best to keep all of us happy. The rooms were pleasant and clean. We were able to get a delicious breakfast as well as a late night snack. The pool was clean and the gym was more then adequate. We had a large family Sunday breakfast in one of the main dinning rooms. The breakfast was very good. The food was plentiful, hot and fresh. We loved the size of the hotel because it was easy to get around. No long walks or long waits for an elevator. Parking was easy and available. We were always able to park near our rooms. This was my first stay at this hotel, but it will not be my last.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
CY_SFOSB_GM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for writing about your recent group stay with us to celebrate and enjoy time together for the Family Bar Mitzvah Gathering, it was a pleasure having you and your family here with us to celebrate.

Thank you for the very nice reviews, I have shared them with our entire team!

Best regards, and we hope to see you the next time that you and your family are here in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Best regards.
Hotel Management.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I'm a Courtyard guy at least 60-70 times per year, so I'm used to what you get at a Courtyard. This is one of the few that really stick out as better than most. Staff is fantastic - very helpful and friendly in a non-intrusive way. Love that the hotel takes steps to remind people to keep the noise down at night (pet peeve - people who have no awareness that they are surrounded by people trying to sleep). Hotel was very clean - I'd say very nearly spotless. Bistro was fairly busy and crowded at breakfast, but there was still room to sit/work. My only negative was that the limit on the air conditioner was set too high, making for a warm night's sleep. I understand being energy conscious, but I need a room to be cool at night in order to sleep well.
Would definitely return to this property - it's very well run and is in great shape.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank medicalalert
CY_SFOSB_GM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay!

I am very pleased to share your feedback with my entire team what specifically stood out was that our hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. A hotel no matter how amazingly new or beautiful is only bricks and mortar without a caring and warm team.

Come back and see us again soon.
Management