“Great with Take Out”
Review of 3 Pigs BBQ

3 Pigs BBQ
Ranked #48 of 141 Restaurants in San Carlos
Reviewed 6 July 2016

My wife ordered dinner for us and we were very pleased. The tri tip was wonderful. The ribs were very good. Surprised at how we enjoyed the mac and cheese. The cornbread was excellent. Will certainly return. Parking was a bit of an issue but not too bad. Seating area inside was limited but it seemed more people were doing pick up than dine-in.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I lived in the south for 20 years and was fortunate to try some of the best fried chicken in the south. But I have never had bitter and gamy chicken like this. I thought the bottom of the barrel title for worst chicken was reached by "snake pit" in Rathrum Idaho but I was wrong! 20 bucks for 4 bitter pieces of chicken that smelled like game meat!
What cook doesn't taste his own food?
How else do you figure out that your chicken has been raised eating trash, your flour gone rancid and your salt shaker is empty?! Save your money and try Popeyes 2 piece Tuesday special for $1.99!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

We are from Texas and came here expecting to be disappointed but not to be. BBQ was great with good choice of sides. Owner was especially nice and accommodating to our Texas palate.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Great food, great service, nice casual atmosphere. I learned not to judge by appearance. This place doesn't look like much but they served the best ribs I've ever had.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 15 March 2016

Since the demise of Mack's BBQ in San Carlos Ca. there has been a gap in the Belmont/San Carlos area for quality barbecue. This place has been around for about two years, but this was my first chance to take advantage of it. I was at a local barber shop, right across the street, and couldn't resist the temptation to stop in and have lunch. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich (Carolina style) with coleslaw on top. It was moist, smoky and delicious. The people were friendly, the service good and the food great. I got into a conversation, with one of the owners, about the different tastes in dark beers. He handed me one of his best to try, at no charge. The next time I go, I'm going to have to try another item off the menu and return the favor with one of my favorite beers.

Date of visit: March 2016