“Just as good”

Cuisines: American
Description: Casual Bakery & Cafe Open 7am To 5pm Serving Breakfast And Lunch
Description: Casual Bakery & Cafe Open 7am To 5pm Serving Breakfast And Lunch
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I haven't reviewed Le Boulanger in a while...and since I can't update my review, I thought I'd add another.

It is still a very good and friendly place to get a quick (or long) meal. All employees are very friendly and helpful, from the managers to the line workers. We go in enough to say hello to them all.

With your sandwich choice comes either an apple, coleslaw, or chips. There's a lot of choice in the menu. It should be noted that breakfast is only served until 11:00am, so if you arrive at 10:59 or 11:01, they probably will take your breakfasts order if you're nice. But, on the flip side, the lunch choices are from sandwiches to salads to soups. They have about 3/day. Clam chowder is always on the menu, too!

I recommend anything! I've tried lots of sandwiches and breakfast sandwiches. They are all good. My favorite for breakfast is the vegetarian, which comes on sliced sourdough bread. If you're not that hungry, they have bagel and cream cheese. You can also buy cookies, loaves of bread, or pastries to go.

We enjoy eating in, because it's quiet and there are no children running around. You order at the counter and pick up when the buzzer goes off.No reservations needed.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

The coffee is from Peet's, which I find a bit strong.
Good selection of bread and rolls. Can opt for soup and sandwich or salad and sandwich. Offer a selection of bagels. Parking is plentiful in the lot behind the restaurant.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

The best place to go for freshly baked sourdough bread and seasonal muffins. Good soup and sandwich selections for lunch or light dinner.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I always like Le Boulanger Bakerys. They are a small, hometown cafe, where you know the limited menu is good, food is made fresh, and all this in a big town.

Their baked goods (bread) is delicious, as are the pastries. We go there for breakfast or lunch. They make different coffee drinks, too. The employees are local and all very nice.

They also have a great specials card you can sign up for on the website for discounts. We were VERY mad when they had to leave Redwood City. Now it's either San Carlos (for a little while) or Menlo Park.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Clean and pretty quiet environment to enjoy a simple meal. Delicious array of breads and pastries. Sour dough excellent. Close to shopping. Prices great!