“Great place to stay”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in San Carlos
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I was a little hesitant to stay after reading reviews on noise an quality complaints. With that said I couldn’t be happier with my room. The room was packed with amenity’s the bed was comfortable and the tv was big with lots of channels and the breakfast was a plus. As far as noise i heard nothing to complain about. I would always stay here in the future .

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 November 2017

When visiting the Bay Area, it is hard to find reasonably priced lodging that doesn't double as welfare housing. Over the past several years, America's Best Value in San Carlos is where I prefer to stay when visiting friends and family in the Bay Area. The rooms are clean and comfortable. On our last visit, management was in the midst of updating rooms, so I suppose the rates will be higher next time.

The main drawback of staying here is the traffic noise from busy El Camino Real and from the Caltrain tracks which are just across the road. However, the windows keep a lot of that noise at a minimum.

The clientele here mostly seems to be a mixture of business travelers and construction workers. There are probably a handful of transient homeless people, but they are not nearly as obvious or predominant as at some lower priced properties in this area. I have never felt unsafe while staying here on solo trips and management keeps a good eye on the place.

Room Tip: To minimize road and train noise, request a room in the upper back corner, or one that does not dire...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2017

It is very noisy at this hotel with lots of traffic. The breakfast sucks! The bagels and croissants were hard as a rock. The manager said to just put them in the microwave or toaster. We stayed 2 nights but was only there to sleep, however noticed the room had stained chairs, black marks on the wall in the bathroom, did not re-stock coffee, stained sheet, ruffle and mattress. Felt disgusted as they do not take care of their place. Don't let the pictures fool you. Manager refuses to give refund!

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Comfortable beds, adequate breakfast, nice amenities, and a fairly quiet room. My only complaint was the cigarette smell. My room was clean, and I know it's hard to enforce the smoking ban, but the smell was pretty strong. Very nice staff, and efficient check-in and out. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Had to haggle to get the advertised rate and he dropped his price but still did not give me the advertised rate. But I wanted to stay walking distance to my sister's house for graduation. The place smelled. I figured since we were just sleeping there so we could deal with it. Then we couldn't sleep with all the street noise and the train going by. Couldn't open the windows, the noise was worse. Addict looking residents no shirt no shoes, smoking/ loitering outside. Wouldn't normally bother me but I had my other sister and her daughter with me. Smallest flat screen tv I've seen in anyplace! Would be a $35 motel room anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2 km away
Redwood Creek Inn
Redwood Creek Inn
#5 of 17 in Redwood City

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!