“Tasty!”
Review of Susie Cakes

Susie Cakes
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in San Carlos
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I visited this place because I was walking by and decided to give it a try. I got some cupcakes and both were very good! I agree that it's a little pricey, but it's worth it. The place looks very clean and inviting. Next time I return I'll try some cookies and cake slices. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They charge a 2% fee to the bill to help employees get healthcare converage, just as a heads up. I hope that is really why they're charging that fee. You never know. Anyway there is a sign posted in there about it, and I believe it said you can ask for the charge to be removed. I don't mind helping out employees, though! I would recommend to others.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We had ordered a birthday cake for pickup on our way to a nearby restaurant for dinner to celebrate the birthday.

The ordering and telephone confirmations all worked great. The staff was very committed to the service we needed.

The cake was very good, so dense and tasty that we shared it with many others at the restaurant.

Wow.....this is a special treat bakery.

We were surprised they called later to follow up on whether we were happy with the cake after it had been enjoyed.

Nice follow up.

Enjoy

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Excellent array of tasty treats. The cookies are a little expensive at 3.5 a pop but the cakes are good value.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

These folks "specialize in sugar" and they do it well. Pastry chefs are professionally trained at culinary institutes. (The Culinary Institute of America?Not so sure, did not clarify that.) And they have some great stuff. Icing filled cupcakes for those who really treasure the icing. Beautiful little flourless cupcakes and of course full size layer cakes with emphasis on lots of layers. We also got a very nice blueberry pie, available in small and regular size. Yum...

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

We stopped in for a sweet treat after a long day of sightseeing. I was quite surprised at the number of available pre-made cakes for purchase and the variety of items in the display case. We ordered a slice of the lemon cake, the chocolate 7 layer, and the birthday cake multi layer. All three were very moist and just melted in your mouth with every bite. The birthday cake slice was a little too sweet, but my husband loved it. The lemon was a great combination of tart and not too sweet. It was delicious and fresh. I didn't care for the sugar sprinkles on the outside, but that's just me. The chocolate was the best chocolate cake I have ever tasted. I don't eat a lot of cake, so that may be an overstatement for some, but it was exactly what I was looking for. Moist chocolate cake with thick but fluffy chocolate frosting. It was VERY rich and I could only eat a few bits at a time, but delicious none the less. The slices were very large, so I cannot complain about the $6+ price. Definitely at least a 2 dessert serving each.