“Fantastic place with great food and service!”
Review of Hapa J's

Hapa J's
Ranked #12 of 222 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

During one of our "lunch dates", my wife and I had lunch at Hapa J's, and it was fantastic! My wife and I love trying new places, and we have a particular fondness for Hawaii and Hawaiian cuisine. So we were very pleasantly surprised to find a very clean, spacious, and nicely decorated restaurant that can accommodate small parties as well as very large ones. We sat in a nice booth and we also saw a father and his young son enjoying their lunch. There was also a party of 12 that was easily accommodated.

The servers were very courteous and friendly and introduced themselves. Since it was our first time, they explained the menu (which has a lot of choices) and made some recommendations. We ordered the TuTu's pork plate and Uncle Roberto's short rib torta sandwich. Both were absolutely delicious. It was a very generous portion of short ribs which were tender and tasty, and in particular, the garlic aioli was a great addition to the sandwich. The pork on the TuTu's plate was also very tender and flavorful.

While this was a little lunch date while my parents watched the kids, we plan to bring the kids and my parents back to Hapa J's. There's something for everyone, and I know the whole family will enjoy it. I also plan to bring some friends for happy hour since there's a nice bar area.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

You have to try the "man fries" and the Kahului pork quesadillas amazing each time I have been there. The macadamia mac and cheese was also very tasty.

They have a full bar and relaxed service.
The food is very interesting and most things there are really good.... there were some things that were not good such as the chili and the macaroni salad and the mixed plate was a little dry and not really as inspired as the other food...

Try some of the signature cocktails mai ties yummy!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Always satisfying when we go and a great spot for happy our or Taco Tuesday with a unique blend of Hawaiian fusion.

My kids love the Mac-N-Cheese, also the potstickers and hot wings are crazy good as well. Hinano on draft along with many of your other favorites and always a big smile and Shaka when you enter.

It gets busy during peak times but it has a legit little spot to hang out with your drinks and socialize either inside or out.

Definitely recommend it for couples or families.

1  Thank Steve G
Reviewed 21 July 2017

the food is just amazing....huge portions of Hawaiian fusion food....great happy hour....got nachos with mounds of pulled pork pile on top...so good

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Taco Tuesday is best night. Pork nachos are amazing and lots of good beers on tap. Kids they hire for service are better than most.
Great place to bring families. Not a date place unless you just want a quick bite at the bar.