“Super Place for a Grat Greek Dinner”

Opa! Authentic Greek Cuisine
Ranked #61 of 2,214 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2016

I have dined at several other of the Opa chain restaurants (Los Gatos, Los Altos, Campbell) and had always had mediocre lunches. This happened several times, so that I really didn't want to dine here for dinner. But, was I thankfully wrong. This is the best of the Opa locations. The space is open, inviting, and bright due to the high ceilings and large windows. Some of the other Opa locations seem like dark caves. The dinner menu is long, and as one who likes to eat low-carb, I found plenty to order. My companion and I started with the Dip Sampler, and really like their Tzatziki over the roasted eggplant and the Kalamata dips. Next time, we will order a large serving of just the Tzatziki. My companion had the lamb chops, which were really well seasoned and cooked to perfection - a winner to be ordered again. I had the Fiery Feta Flank Steak served on a sizzling platter- which was cooked nicely as ordered. I found it tasty, but a little greasy. I would try a different dish next time. The wines and service were good. No reservations taken on the mid-week night that I dined here. With all of the families dining early, there should be no problem just dropping in without a wait after 7:00pm. I will be back.

Reviewed 6 March 2016

Saturday lunch without a reservation; the patio was packed, but there were tables available inside.

We both had lamb; my husband ordered the Lamb skewers with OPA garlic fries, I ordered the Lamb pita with OPA garlic fries. The lamb was cooked perfectly and very flavorful! We would go back again when we are in the area next for lunch!

Reviewed 22 February 2016

My date and I came here Friday night. Very busy which is usually good news. We had some flat bread with some spreads as an appetizer which was good. We split the skewers, one beef and one chicken a piece. They were both seasoned well and tasty. Both were moist and flavorful but the filet mignon skewer was excellent. Service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Had lunch this past Saturday with my husband. Having had the Saganaki (Flaming Cheese) at a previous lunch with co-workers, I new we had to order it! Total head turner, I wish I had thought to video the presentation. Hats off to our servers, this deserves hazardous duty pay, when they call it flaming, they are not kidding. The Kasseri cheese is served flaming on a flat cast iron skillet with warm pita bread - yum!

Hubby had the Gyro Pita with a side of Opa! Fries and loved it. Their fries are served with crumbled feta and a side of Opa! sauce - a very tasty mustard based sauce.

I had the Spicy Sliders with gyro, sliced tomatoes, chopped jalapenos and a spicy aioli sauce - most enjoyable, with just a bit of kick.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Showed up without a rez on Friday night and the place was packed. Got a 3-top in about 45 minutes which was the suggested wait. Enjoyed a beer at the crowded bar and had some conversation but it was loud. Really a mixed crowd too. Young, old, families and kidless. And plenty of OPAs from the staff when igniting the saganaki.

Friendly staff but they were young and English was not their first language. Neither was Greek. So there were some hurdles given the noise. But our orders were processed properly and quickly.

The Avgolemono soup was a hit. A bit mellower than some that I have had and made but it was a crowd pleaser. A feta crusted flank steak was quite good. The caramelized cheese made a wonderful contrast to the juicy meat. The grilled asparagus side was a bit sloppy on the presentation but cooked just enough yet still had the requisite grill marks and taste. Meatloaf isn't my idea of greek but it was one of our party's go-to dish and based on the speed it was consumed I would have to say it was a hit. The village greek salad was filled with all that you would expect and massive. She couldn't finish it all.

Obviously a successful chain and worthy of a visit if you want greek without the plate throwing.