“Excellent food and service.”

Saaghi Cabaret and Restaurant
Ranked #670 of 2,215 Restaurants in San Jose
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I ordered takeout from Saaghi and asked specifically for extra eggplant in the yellow split peas/eggplant stew and offered to pay for it. We were very pleased that indeed quite a bit of extra eggplant was added and in addition, we were not charged extra. The kebabs were excellent and the tahdig+fesenjan was also really good.

The waiter who took my order was nice and friendly and the food was ready when he said it would be ready. The portion size was large, we had quite a bit of leftovers to eat another day.

The restaurant is nicely decorated with draping fabric and pictures. There is a place for a band and a dance floor. We will need to go back there on a Fri or Sat night!

Reviewed 28 January 2017

We visited the restaurant on a Friday night - we were the only guests during the 1.5 hour visit. There were three other guests, but they all seemed like friends of the host. The restaurant sits at the back of an almost empty, dilapidated shopping center, and was somewhat creepy - with vast, empty parking lot and dark storefronts. Although we read other reviews here, and knew what to expect.I did not feel comfortable especially being with children. Anyway, The interior is nice. The host was warm, and food was generally okay. The amount of food was not worth the money, and I could see that the price of every dish was increased with the new, higher price handwritten in. But we got a discount when we bought the Groupon - so it was okay for me. We wondered how the restaurant survived with so few customers. We did see one take out customer. There was no belly dancing - just some streaming music in the background. if there were a few other guests, I would have felt much more comfortable and would have enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

The kabob meats were very flavorful and tender. They were served with roasted onions and tomatoes which were a good accompaniment to the roasted meats. The white and saffron rice completed the meal. Plenty of good, tasty food.

The service was very much suspect. The décor is a little shabby and they need to invest in better glassware / serving utensils (not what you would consider high end).

If can ignore the rest and just enjoy the food, you would be fine.

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

best food and best customer service. amazing kabab under charcoal Bbq this place is good trust me. also try lunch buffet

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Wife bought a $20 Groupon for $40 of food for this place labeled Willow Glen on the coupon.

Didn't know that Willow Glen incorporated this area bordering on Campbell, near Hamilton and Highway 17!

Now my wife would not have bought the coupon except that it said Willow Glen, near our cousins house. This place is in the middle of no where, between Southwest freeway and Bascom. Not the ambience nor the neighborhood of Willow Glen, 3 miles away. Deceptive advertising!

Turned out to be one of three business open in a dilapidated run down strip center, with the Tacos Mexico restaurant on the edge, and Saaghi not visible from the road.

Very tough to find at 530pm opening time at night. Plenty of parking, as the entire block has been razed of nearby structures. Parking lines need repainting, as lines faded at night. Very auspicious appearance.

Restaurant from the outside needs work -part of the sign is not illuminating -didn't pay the electric bill?

Inside, spectacular, with nice tiled floor, chandeliers, 4 large Persian sofas, a stage, seating for 45 people, with a buffet table ($11 lunch buffet), for those wanting the maximum bang for their buck.

Overhead TV tuned to CNN ringing the headlines of more upheaval in the Mideast. How fitting for a Persian restaurant! Would have expected the waitress to turn the channel once Trump started speaking!

The middle aged waitress comes up to the table, doesn't recognize us as regulars, and asks if we have a coupon. Why else would someone come to this location in the boon docks? And of course I look like the coupon type -older well fed Chinese guy with wife in tow!

I order the #20 $21 Soltani with kebabs of filet mignon, and ground beef, while the wife tried to order the lamb, but was told they were out of lamb, and got the #21 $17 kebabs of chicken and ground beef instead. Will have to call ahead next time to make sure they have lamb, before coming, as the wife is disappointed!

Salad and bread come first, with I giving the raw broccoli to the wife, and I taking the cucumbers. Not too fond of raw broccoli. Virtually no ranch style dressing. Bread comes on thin rectangular layers.

Nice glassware, silverware, and china plates, with soft Persian music in the background -the music is more lively when the belly dancers perform! Not tonight, judging from the near empty restaurant.

Takes half an hour for the main course to arrive. The wait is worth it. The dishes live up to their billing.

Very tasty kebabs of chicken with green peppers, and ground beef. My dish has high quality filet mignon pieces also between green peppers on a kebab, and ground beef kebabs. Huge heaping of basmati rice, perfectly cooked, with yellow seasoning. Fire roasted tomato. Amazing: excellent food in quantity, taste and appearance!

Enough for two meals. An hour after arriving, we waddle out, bellies full, and appetites contented, doggy bag for another meal.

Shows that you can't judge a restaurant by its location, bad Yelp reviews, nor it's outside appearance, just like you can't judge a book by it's cover. So my ex-wife has said about me!

Can't help but wonder when they will raze the rest of this run down strip center.

Will come back again, but only if the scantily clad belly dancers are on stage!

2  Thank robert c