“Excellent Duck!”

Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2016

The outdoor dinning was excellent! I had Duck, vegetables, roasted potatoes for dinner and Lemon Sorbet for dinner. Jennifer was great about accommodating my dietary needs and had a great sense of humor. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

The architecture and warm atmosphere evokes a sense of comfort. The owners are not only incredible chefs but so pleasant and genuine. Onion soup is the best I've ever had. For those who are not starving, a "petite plate" option is available for many entrees. I've tried everything on the menu over the years and never hit a miss! Always a winner! Wine choices are excellent. Desserts are to write home about! Love this place!

Reviewed 26 March 2016

My wife and I were fortunate to have local friends who took us to this wonderful restaurant. The setting, next to the San Juan Capistrano mission and cathedral, is lovely. We were attended by the owner, who was charming and helpful. The food was exquisite: we had escargot, mushrooms, baramundi (fish) and chicken, all perfectly prepared and presented. We will go back every chance we get.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

Bistro look. Patio seating. Menu is excellent. Service superb! Near the San Juan Capistrano Basillica.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

L'Hirondelle is the consummate French restaurant without being overpriced or pretentious. Ali, the owner, and staff are always welcoming and eager to make your meal and your day enjoyable. We always have our staff luncheons there and they easily handle however many we bring to the table.

The meals for lunch or dinner are lovely as are special occasions. I brought my mother here for her last Mother's Day and they handled one of the busiest holidays with ease and aplomb.

I highly recommend the pate and cheese platter or any of the duck dishes for something unique.