Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$239
Booking.comUS$239
Hotels.comUS$239
PricelineUS$239
TravelocityUS$239
Trip.comUS$239
All reviews scones cal poly oatmeal gas fireplace chain hotels room was large breakfast was included monterey st breakfast room boutique hotel would definitely stay here again no elevator mini fridge stayed longer thursday night short drive close to downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2021

My family spent several days at San Luis Creek Lodge in awe of how well we were treated and how wonderful the setting is. Every employee that we encountered was gracious, helpful, in good spirits and more than accommodating. The details were incredible - from the welcome note from the general manager to the warm coffee and scones every morning. The room was spacious, clean, modern, and inviting. The bed and bedding were top notch. We loved the open concept bathroom and the towels were like brand new. The hotel is located off of the main street but minutes from city center and the university. The location is calm and quiet with restaurants in walking distance. Nice for parents visiting students, couples looking for a romantic weekend, even families - like us. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel and our experience. We felt pampered, leaving refreshed and looking forward to our next stay! The general manager certainly knows the unique boutique hotel business, importance of little special touches, and how to create lovely environments for the guests.

Room tip: Very quiet and private property.
Date of stay: March 2021
General Manager, General Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2021

From our modern accommodations and wonderful service to our cozy rooms and convenient location, we are thrilled to know that you had a blast at San Luis Creek Lodge. Anytime you need another five-star experience, count on us again to deliver.

Reviewed 5 March 2021

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel! I’m an interior decorator and appreciated all the special touches! Our bed was comfy, the fire cozy, scones delish, and bath products sublime! We are locals and will be back for another staycation!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, General Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2021

Dear Susie,
You were a joy to host, and we thank you for the review! We are happy you enjoyed our unique rooms among other things. We are eager to welcome you back, and we wish you the best!

Reviewed 27 February 2021

I cannot recommend this hotel enough! I booked 4 rooms for my family and I last weekend, and we didn't want to leave. The staff is wonderful, and the check-in process was a breeze. Our rooms were all different from each other, but equally gorgeous. Nina Freudenberger is a fantastic designer, and it was so much fun to enjoy her work. I would say it has a modern surf shack vibe to it, yet she managed to bring the warmth of a lodge aspect to it as well. The coffee and scones that were delivered in the morning were phenomenal, and little touches like that are what sets this place apart. Their Aesop bath products added to the luxurious feel, and their bathrooms were spa-like and designed to perfection. Our bathroom in room 19 was green, and had the most beautiful China Green marble countertops. I was inspired to freshen up my own space after leaving here. I also cannot say enough nice things about the manager, Cheryl. She will take care of you and make sure everything is perfect. We cannot wait to come back!

Date of stay: February 2021
General Manager, General Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2021

Dear Sam,
Clean and comfortable lodgings are paramount to a wonderful stay, so we're glad that yours met our high standards in hospitality. We also appreciate your highlight on our decor, as well as our friendly service, and we look forward to welcoming you back to San Luis Creek Lodge for another exceptional visit.

Reviewed 22 February 2021

The San Luis Creek lodge was a wonderful place for my husband & I to call home for a few nights. It’s a boutique hotel with clean lines and upscale amenities. Room are quiet, comfortable and contemporary. Daily delivered hot coffee and baked breakfast pastries were a bonus. Staff & management were very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely stay here again when visiting the beautiful central coast!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, General Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2021

It is wonderful to see your comments, and we thank you for choosing us for your trip. Our team will be happy to hear from you, and we are delighted you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations as well. All the best, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 February 2021

I reserved this hotel for Valentine's Day weekend for me and my girlfriend and they cancelled my reservation the day before we were supposed to check-in. Because it was Valentine's Day/President's Day Weekend, there were no other options in the area of a similar class. I'll admit that we did book the reservation just two days before, but please don't say that you have availability if you really don't just to cover any cancellations. When an airline oversells a flight they at least compensate their passengers for the inconvenience. Instead, the hotel called the booking agency we used and told them they couldn't honor the reservation rather than calling me directly to address the situation. Of course the agency couldn't do anything to correct the situation because it wasn't their fault. I am extremely disappointed that the hotel handled the situation this way and I would avoid booking this place in the future if it's during a busy weekend.

Date of stay: February 2021
General Manager, General Manager at San Luis Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2021

Dear Emarge,
We appreciate you leaving us your thoughts and are sorry to hear you were unable to stay with us. Unfortunately, during the busy weekend of your reservation, our hotel was overbooked. We sincerely apologize for this, and though it is not typical, it does occur on occasion due to cancelations and system errors. It is also of note that we have limited control over reservations booked through third-parties, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured, we have spoken to our team regarding your experience, and we hope for another chance, you show you just what a comfortable stay with us is like.