Lowest prices for your stay
US$90
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$100
Official Hotel
US$81
Hotels.comUS$100
PricelineUS$90
TravelocityUS$100
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2021

We had a nice stay at this hotel. There was a slight miscommunication because my group decided to extend our stay on the front side (arrive 1 day earlier). Unfortunately, this was not communicated effectively with other staff because the following morning after our first day the housekeeper knocked on the door after 12 noon and was surprised to find people in the room (after check out time). I explained that we have the room booked for another 2 days. Then about 10 minutes later, a front desk staff came knocking on our door. Once again, I explained we have the room booked for two more days. Do I need to go down to the front desk so we can settle this?, I asked. She said, not it's okay. Then I didn't hear back from them again. I figured, ah they communicated what happened. No biggie. Anyway, the room was clean. Shower was good. Bed was comfortable. The pool and jacuzzi were inviting and we would have definitely used them if we had time. The hotel is right off the highway so it was easy to get on and off it. There is a gas station across that is open 24/7 so that was nice. There are also many restaurants nearby, within walking distance if you are willing.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank rioshakes
Diana Zuniga, General Manager at Hotel Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2021

Dear rioshakes, Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time giving us 5 stars! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!

Reviewed 31 July 2020

I wanted to take a moment to say a Thank You hotel General Manager Diana. Our resent stay at this property did not go as planned and Diana was willing to work with me to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. Customer Service is often lacking in many settings today. It was refreshing to encounter a General Manger who was willing to listen and respond in a way that was very helpful to both my wife and I. Perhaps we can visit your property again on a future visit to SLO. Thank You Again.

Date of stay: July 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2020

This hotel was clean and comfortable and conveniently located. We stayed in the two bedroom suite, which was very large and I would recommend for a family. The hotel needs some upgrading however. The furniture was old and the door bar guard was broken. The breakfast was minimal. The staff was friendly and helpful. This could be a great place with some upgrades.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank 2012travelingmom
Reviewed 16 February 2020

Our room was a bit disappointing. The television didn't work, neither did the phone. The handle on the chair was broken and we kept knocking it every time we walked into the room as there was no space for it. There was no plug by the desk. There was no switch for the light in the wardrobe. The lead for the coffee machine was too short so we had to put it on the floor to reach the socket. There were too many things plugged into one extension. The fitness room had 3 machines and one of them was broken. The jacuzzi looked dirty so chose not to use it. Overall we were very disappointed. Would do for one night in a pinch but won't return.

Room tip: Had a room to the back but wouldn't chose one at the front downstairs due to the road.
Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 9 January 2020 via mobile

Looks lovely from outside but could be improved inside. Our room came with a kitchen that weirdly had no utensils or crockery.
The extra room for the kids with additional TV was a real bonus.
Proximity to Avila beach is great. Nice pool area and outside seating.
SLO is a really nice place and seemed quite upmarket, though we were only there for one night.

Date of stay: January 2020