Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$170
View deal
Hotels.comUS$170
Booking.comUS$170
TravelocityUS$170
PricelineUS$170
TapestryUS$170
FindHotelUS$170
All reviews front desk cal poly skee ball upgraded to a suite downtown slo close to downtown we've stayed comfortable room complimentary breakfast central coast hot tub apple farm skinner leroys campus calpoly college
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2022

We highly recommend this hotel, the staff are so friendly and accommodating. The rooms & decor were outstanding. The sitting areas and courtyard were very comfortable. Plenty of games throughout facility to entertain guests. Will definitely stay here again when in town.

Date of stay: June 2022
Review collected in partnership with Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Chris Maez, Guest Services / Front Office at The Kinney San Luis Obispo, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2022

Thank you so much for the kind words and great review! We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your visit to The Kinney SLO. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2022 via mobile

A very unique and comfortable room. Nice bathroom with great products. We appreciated the recycling bin in the room but wish the mini fridge had a freezer section. The employee at checkin gave us lots of info about SLO but didn't mention the hotel amenities. Only just now seeing all the games and fun stuff in the tripsdvisor photos. We were just passing through but the town is cute with lots of shopping and food options.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NCtravelz
Chris Maez, Guest Services / Front Office at The Kinney San Luis Obispo, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at The Kinney SLO. we will be sure to sharpen our check in skills as our amenities are very important at check in. thanks again for choosing us and hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2022

I booked a room at the Kinney to experience a different type of hotel. It has a really 'cool' vibe and the rooms are spacious as well as comfortable.
Nice selections for breakfast or dinner. Games to play!
Hot showers! I recommend.

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Chris Maez, Guest Services / Front Office at The Kinney San Luis Obispo, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We love to hear that you enjoyed your visit! Hopefully we get to have you back as a return guest sometime. Thanks again for choosing The Kinney SLO and hope you are having an amazing weekend!

Reviewed 22 May 2022 via mobile

Absolutely refused to make matters right, the Hilton guarantee, Chris Maez his boss Megan Taylor. Like twiddle dee and twiddle dumb.

Checked in, given a room where a/c would not go below 73. Moved to another where a/c worked fine. Went to sleep as was so tired. Woke up just before 10 pm not to miss kitchen closing. Closed it was. Close at 8 pm. Who ever heard of that?

Ordered pizza, delivered. Spoke to the front desk man complaining of an order. He, the only one polite besides a hard working Chinese lady, stated hotel sold out. But the night audit rolls over around 4 am. If room available he will call me. No calls were heard.

Not even the 6 am wake up to make a transportation connection. Why? Ask the head maintenance man who has been there for 14 years. The phone did not ring. He called the front desk and no one answered. He called someone else and asked them to call the room. No noise.

Complained about the lack of hot water to front desk earlier and was told to let it run 10 to 15 minutes. His lazy attitude was confirmed by his painted fingernails. The breakfast man too was lazy. I asked for the breakfast burrito and sn orange juice. Given the bottle, he had to open it. I had to ask for a glass.

Told the front desk manager would be in by 10 am, he didn't show until 11:30 am. His attitude had turned mean, see photo. He immediately went in the defensive opening his notes stating that a phone call had been placed at 6 am. I had told him before that the phone did not ring as verified by his engineer.

I asked for the points back and he was ambivalent stating he did not have authority. I asked him to contact the manager by text. He would not. Voices were raised, never argue with a guest PERIOD. He did a song and dance much like the almost nude guy, see picture at the front desk.

Oh, the Starbucks logo on the espresso machine is faux. No latte's could be made for 30 minutes as the machine was being cleaned. One could not eat any meal as the bowling ball miniature machine exceeded the decimals of a jack hammer. Look at all the beer on drafts. Hollywood style as none hooked up behind the faucets.

Room was clean, no cockroaches. No, "Do Not Disturb Sign," on inside handle. When I asked the "painted fingernail guy," all he said was that they were out. All in all a totally chaotic run hotel. It is a Hilton in drag. A regular Hilton would have done things right.

Megan Taylor the general manager even gave instructions not to answer the phone when my number appeared. Stay at The Apple Farm, Embassy Suites or Hampton.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DayTrip66486955523
Reviewed 19 May 2022

I previously gave The Kinney five stars. I stayed there many times as my daughter attends CalPoly. I even wrote "clean, convenient, excellent service."

The last time I was there it was dirty, especially the carpets in the room. I overheard the front desk person talking about the condition of the carpets on the phone and offered my feedback. The carpet in my room was gross enough that I wouldn't take my shoes off. At the time, they were short-staffed which I can appreciate with Covid, but for $400+ a night, offer me a discount, a free cup of coffee, a glass of wine. Instead, nothing.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Betsy A
Chris Maez, Guest Services / Front Office at The Kinney San Luis Obispo, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2022

Hello Betsy,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience while visiting The Kinney. We sincerely apologize for falling short of giving you the enjoyable experience that you deserve. Do you happen to remember which room number you were placed in? We will make sure to address this immediately with our team so that we improve for the next guest. Thanks again for staying with us and we can only hope to get another shot at making this up to you. Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,