Lowest prices for your stay
US$72
Free cancellation until 15/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$72
Trip.com
US$71
Hotels.comUS$72
TravelocityUS$72
PricelineUS$72
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2021

Scam!!!! They double charged me! I had booked online, then they charged me again. When I caught this, they said “well you signed it”… kept coming back to blame me for their scam! I complained to two men, and they both had the same lies and clearly were used to doing this to guests! Look in your eyes and lie. STAY AWAY!!! Total scammers!!!!!!!’

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jerre Leahy, Revenue Management at Olive Tree Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Your feedback is very important to us, and I am saddened to hear that we could not meet all of your expectations. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem with management and prevent any future occurrences like this.

Reviewed 5 July 2021

It’s absolutely horrible. I ended up paying 4x due to last min booking. AC wasn’t working, your next door was swearing loud. Dirty & smelly room. Had a terrible experience
Wish I could give negative star

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jerre Leahy, Revenue Management at Olive Tree Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We are working to address the concerns you shared, and we hope you will give us another chance and visit us again.

Reviewed 28 May 2021

priced right low key not alot of activity very clean will definitely visit again soon asked for early.check in they were willing to accommodate free parking in a great location with they were more pet friendly I do have service dog .. nice pool area even though it was closed due to covid was a nice place to stay

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Jerre Leahy, Revenue Management at Olive Tree Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2021

Thank you for the positive review. We are glad to know you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed our clean facility, complimentary parking and convenient location. We value your business and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2020

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past with no issue. Rooms and price were fine. This was not the case at my visit this past weekend. I checked in and the lady at the front desk was very kind. Walk up to the room- room 267- and as I open the door I am immediately struck with the stench of tobacco smoke from cigarettes past. This is supposed to be a non-smoking room. I also notice the lamp shades are absolutely thrashed- looks sketchy and awful. These are things I was reluctant to let go- for a whopping $140 a night. There was what looked like mold in the window sill of the bathroom. The nail in the coffin was the live cockroach that paid me a visit as I stepped out of the shower. A LIVE COCKROACH!!! All within the first hour of my visit!!! I scream, fling that thing into the toilet and flush it. I go to the front desk and kindly explain that though I’m willing to put up with a lot, a cockroach is unacceptable. the lady informs me that they are fully booked and can not accommodate another room. She offered a refund, which was very kind- but ALL of the nearby hotels were fully booked too!!! I then find out that she has family suites available but only for a higher price of course. She told me the manager would be there in the morning. I went to the front desk in the morning and the gentleman told me no, he wasn’t the manager- the manager is “out of town”. I asked for a number to call and instead he gave me a piece of blank paper to “write down my concerns”.

Not to mention- the ice machine was broken and we had to go across the street to another hotel for ice.

I am extremely unhappy to have paid $140 to stay in such a terrible, disgusting room. As I said- my stays in the past we’re always fine. The fact that there was no resolution make me furious - Absolutely unacceptable. I had to spend the night in this filthy , tobacco smoke reeking place. The bed was extremely stiff and uncomfortable.

Oh- and as we were leaving I noticed 2 cockroaches crawling around the now vacant building that used to be a Mexican restaurant.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nurse_JessicaV
Jerre Leahy, Revenue Management at Olive Tree Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2020

We apologize your stay was not what you expected. We want you to know that we have sent your concerns to the General Manager for their review. Again, please accept our sincere apology for your inconvenience and it is our hope that you will consider staying with us again at the Olive Tree Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2020 via mobile

9/4/20
Convenient area with food places and gas station nearby. This was a decent place to stay in for one night as my trip continued further north. I was greeted by friendly staff upon my arrival after 9pm. My room was 264, upstairs pool view. The room, sink area, and bathroom were clean. The bed had bright white clean sheets and pillows. There was a small fridge and microwave, which were useful for me, underneath the television stand. Overall, the place has seen its days, but it was a comfortable night’s stay for me.

My only one complaint is to the facility:
You must invest in rubber mats for the tubs. Even though I was being careful, I accidentally slipped and fell backwards and out of the tub, shower curtain and all, while showering. Although I could see some red marks and a small bruise on the side of my body the next day, the biggest bruise showed up today (3 days later) near my elbow, where I landed to avoid hitting my head. I did inform the male staff member when I checked out, and I also informed two housekeeping employees. Thank goodness I am alright. In the future, however, someone else may not.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank profH10
Jerre Leahy, Revenue Management at Olive Tree Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2020

We are delighted to hear that you value the efforts we have put toward creating an environment where everyone at the Olive Tree Inn & Suites San Luis Obispo will enjoy their time spent with us. It was a pleasure having your company and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!