9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$349
Hotels.comUS$341
PricelineUS$349
TravelocityUS$341
FindHotelUS$347
Orbitz.comUS$341
2,029 results
All reviews rock shower copper cafe themed rooms caveman room pink champagne cake madonna suite love nest dance floor one of a kind bucket list unique hotel old world road trip gift shop main building steakhouse kitsch
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2022

I stayed here with my 12-year-old son, who was super excited to stay in the “Old World” suite, room 192. The room was so cool. A weird hybrid of caveman and crazy old grandma styles. Unfortunately, the room smelled like sewage. We reported it right away to the front desk who promised to take care of it while we were swimming in the pool. We asked if we could burn some incense to cover up the smell but they told us that we would be charged for smoking in the room if we did that. We came back to the same smell, covered up by the scent of some air freshener, but this didn't get rid of the sewage smell at all. If my son hadn't looked forward to staying in this room for months, I would have asked to move to a different room or requested a refund and stayed somewhere else. We opened all the windows stayed one night before leaving early the next morning. I told the front desk clerk that we loved the room, but the smell made it very difficult to enjoy our stay. The response was a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and a "we'll let the manager know about the smell"

If kitsch is really important, and cleanliness is not important at all, Madonna Inn is perfect. It seems to be a trade-off at this hotel, unfortunately.

Room tip: The “Old World” suite, room 192, smelled like sewage. Without the stench, it would have been a really fun room to stay in.
Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 8 June 2022

I don't even know where to start. This was one of my favorite trip experiences ever. Stayed in the Merry room. Tip: if you travel with large baggage, consider a smaller bag for the stay as there are only stairs.

The room: gorgeous. Lots of space to move around. Bed was comfortable, Decor was beautiful. The bathroom was amazing. Toilet has a bidet seat. Shower is spacious and beautiful. Good toiletries provided. Closet in room had two robes to wear.

The grounds: lovely gardens all around. Went to the pool after dinner. Pool is heated but it got into the 50s while we were there and was quite chilly upon exiting. Two hot tubs to choose from. I didn't get a drink at the pool bar but heard others talking about their tasty beverages.

Steakhouse: what a trip! Excellent service and delectable dishes.

Bakery: we got a piece of champagne cake to go to take back to our room. it was delicious!

Make sure to get some goblets for home from the gift shop. Would definitely come back here. Check in was a breeze and my friendly check in person gave me many tips and info about the place. When you come here there is no reason to NEED to leave the grounds but several businesses are down the street. Simply amazing.

Room tip: carry a smaller bag for this trip as there are no elevators
Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 31 May 2022

We didn't stay here, although based on the building and the self-guided tour of the property I think it would have been a fun stop. We walked around the Inn after our breakfast and there was something fun around every corner, including the gift shop that had a ton of really cool items for sale. Even if you don't stay here I would suggest stopping for a meal at either the Copper Cafe or the Steak house. There are even trails on the property if you have time to take a walk outside.

Room tip: Be sure to explore the whole property
Reviewed 27 May 2022

This was a stop we looked forward to for our 40th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Golfer's Room and found the room clean, the water pressure remarkable, TV too small, and the mattress sagging in the middle. The biggest challenge had to do with the door lock.

When we checked in, we were almost immediately advised that the keys are very sensitive to demagnetization. It felt suspicious. Mindful to keep the keys clean of my cell phone, we immediately went to our rooms and neither key worked. We called the front desk, he lady said "they must be demagnetized", and said she'd make new keys and bring them herself. She kept her word, but neither of the keys worked, and she had to call for maintenance to service the lock. After a long day on the road, this is not the beginning were hoping for. The repairman got us in the room and confirmed our keys worked. This again was fairly timely, but we still waited in our car for 15-20 minutes after the call was made.

When we returned from dinner however, the keys did not work AGAIN, and this was definitely ruining our moods. Again someone was sent out though maintenance was now gone for the day. He confirmed our problem, tried resetting the lock, cleaning it, and when he was done about 30 minutes later, the best he could do is have our card work 1 out every 4-6 rapid swipes.

I would also be remiss if I didn't point out that this place is very noisy. The walls are so thin that you can just about make out every conversation your neighbor is having. We arrived on a Sunday, and there was a wedding going on in the afternoon. Well, it was still going on outside our room past 1PM with no quiet hour enforcement. As luck would have it, our romantic stay was next door to a family of four kids who could care less about the neighbors. Not much sleep was had.

Reviewed 21 May 2022 via mobile

What a lovely clean hotel everywhere. Bedroom was large and very comfortable with long pile carpet. Views of mountains and not overlooked by anyone. Shower was the most pressured water I have ever had. Lovely clean pool. Amazing and definitely recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with friends