Lowest prices for your stay
Official Site
Free cancellation until 09/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 10/10/22
Free cancellation until 09/10/22
PricelineUS$74
Hotels.comUS$74
TravelocityUS$74
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2019

This is a Motel 6 so it stands to reason it is no frills. On the other hand, the price was inexpensive, the room was very clean and comfortable, the staff was welcoming and it's not difficult to find. We stayed for one night to take a break on a long drive. Would I stay there again? Absolutely.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Calvin W
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 San Luis Obispo South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2019

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Until the next time, We’ll Leave the Light on For You!

Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

If you want to visit the Madonna inn or you are driving from San Francisco/San Jose to LA stop here. Breaks the drive in half and the motel had full cable tv, a pool, very clean and spacious. $68 great on every level.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrCrone

Hi Mr Crone,

Thank you for taking time to share your review with us. We love hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed 11 August 2019

I have stayed at this Motel 6 many times while in San Luis Obispo for work. I appreciate the updated rooms, while minimal, feel clean since they don't have carpet. The little modern workstation in the room is nice as well. The only negative of this property happened on my last trip there. It almost feels like they have people who live in some of the hotel rooms. When I first arrived, there were a few guys later in around the hotel room that I was assigned to. Traveling as a woman alone, I ended up waiting in my car for about 10 minutes until they all went into their rooms before going into mine, and then I stayed put for the night. This was the only uncomfortable experience I've ever had at this property, though. I will probably be back in a few weeks and hopefully don't experience the same thing again. The only other negative of this property is that it seems they have quit providing shampoo. I had to go out and purchase shampoo on my last arrival.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Muddyliljeep

Hi Traveler,

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, and we apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. We hope for the opportunity to improve your experience with us.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 August 2019 via mobile

This was hotel room on the way to SF via PCH. Didnt have any issues at the front desk nor in the room. Not sure about the negative reviews I see here, cause no issues recently here. Nice quiet setting. Comfortable night. Good customer service. 8/10.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Invisibl3Kid

Hi Traveler,

Reviewed 28 June 2019 via mobile

The customer service at this hotel is extremely poor. I am very dissatisfied with every employee I have come into contact with. They are rude, mean and unprofessional. I would not recommend staying here. The house keepers do a good job, but they left my door open 3 times while I was at work. This motel needs to fire their staff and get better help. On top of that the rates are unreal. You can stay at a Hilton for what you will pay here. I’d give 0 stars if possible.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jordan E

Hi Jordane,

We are disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations. We take reports of poor customer service very seriously. On behalf of Motel 6, we would like to apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory.

We are committed to guest satisfaction and appreciate you taking time to review your experience.