2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$98
PricelineUS$98
Hotels.comUS$98
TravelocityUS$98
FindHotelUS$98
Trip.comUS$141
All reviews front desk pool and hot tub road trip slo accommodations muffins
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 February 2022 via mobile

We just needed a clean hotel for a quick stop over on a road trip. We were not disappointed. The first thing we noticed was the room smelled clean. Check in was smooth, the products were fine and it for a motel is wasn’t particularly loud. We didn’t get to use the pool or anything but it seemed like people are enjoying it. No problems at all.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandybear76
Guest Relations Manager, Other at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2022

mandybear76,

Thank you for your kind comments and 5-star rating! It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel comfortable and that you experienced no difficulties with our services or amenities. We are overjoyed to hear that you had a great time with us and we are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 13 October 2021

Hairs in bed, used bandages on sill & dirty floors turned bare feet black. Checked out immediately when I pulled down covers and drove 3 hrs home. Management refused refund.This place is not sanitary.

Room tip: Don't chose a room - they're filthy.
Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank jamesrQ9507JF
Guest Relations Manager, Other at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2021

Hi jamesrQ9507JF,

Thank you for pointing out the issues with housekeeping so that we can work to improve upon this aspect of the guest experience at our hotel. You expect and deserve a completely clean hotel room every time you stay with us. All guest's complaints are taken seriously, and we want to assure you that the problem you brought to our attention is being addressed. We also do engage in deep cleaning processes right now as guest satisfaction is our top priority. Again, thank you for your time and feedback. We sincerely hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 October 2021

Unfortunately we did not stay here, due to our children waking up with colds on the day we were supposed to check in. When I called the hotel to let them know what was going on, the manager (Sarah) said our choices were 1) Come anyway, 2) Cancel and pay for the night since we were outside the cancellation window, or 3) Reschedule right then for another night. I asked about getting credit since I don't know exactly when we would be able to come back (our kids were on Fall Break) or cancelling without paying a penalty and was told over and over that she had given me the options and I could choose from those.

Customer service and integrity are of utmost importance to us, especially while the world is still in the midst of the Covid pandemic. We were trying to be responsible by not bringing children with cold symptoms to a hotel and were met with resistance and inflexibility every step of the way. It is unconscionable that a business, particularly a hotel, would encourage guests with an illness to come anyway or lose nearly $300 for the night. At one point during the phone call, I was put on hold for over 10 minutes while Sarah attended to "important business."

I asked to speak with the owner or someone with authority to work with us to come to a resolution that would be acceptable to both parties, and was told that there was no one besides her I could speak to but she would try to contact the owner who in her words is "very busy." I still have not heard back from either of them. Needless to say, our future trips to SLO will not include staying at Sands Inn and Suites.

Date of stay: October 2021
Guest Relations Manager, Other at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2021

amandaandjohnb,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we are so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your
expectations of quality service and accommodations. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are addressing the issues that you indicated in an effort to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel.Please allow us another chance to serve you better next time as we are investigating the matter with our staff. We are in the process of retraining our staff to further better our services in handling our valued customers. Rest assured that in the coming days, we will be offering a much better stay.

Reviewed 26 September 2021

Everything was super dirty and not attended to (I’m not picky or a clean freak by any stretch). The towels (not just one but all of them) had prominent dried yellow stains that looked like dry urine. The floors were not only dirty, but shocking (I didn’t notice right away as I wore shoes. When I put my dry bare feet on the floors they became not just a bit dirty, but black where you could scrape off what accumulated - how is that even possible? They must not have been cleaned in years, not months or weeks. We felt utterly unsafe as far as Covid (or who knows what else) one could get there. We vaccinated, but that didn’t comfort us somehow - it was that bad. The degree of neglect (and seemingly greed) was over the top. The attitude of the staff was the equivalent of “oh well.” The window frames were bent along our entire row of rooms and on many sides, like someone had tried to break into the rooms with a metal pry bar. It was extreme (not minor), yet quite inexpensive to fix. The backs of the curtains looked like they had been shredded in several rooms. These latter two things are aesthetic, but indicative of the level of overall neglect. The window in our room could not be opened when the plastic security stick was removed. The thermostat displayed no numbers and could apparently not be changed. The draped could not be closed as parts were missing and they were hanging unfastened in the middle. There are too many things to list. The overall feeling was a shoddy, highly neglected motel where they didn’t care. More importantly it pretty much ruined a special visit and trip for us. With the number of things that were not inferior but off the map bad, it was truly difficult to focus. We got out of the room as soon as possible and went back only to get into bed the 2nd night - making sure our shoes were on ALL the time. I rate our stay as 0, not 1.

Room tip: I don't think any part of this business is safe to stay in.
Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank IngridT_13
Guest Relations Manager, Other at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2021

IngridT_13,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. Our housekeeping staff is held to a very high standard and we appreciate that you've informed us of a need to address housekeeping policies and procedures. Lastly, we assure you to forward this concern to the management for their attention and action. Please give us another chance to serve you better as we promise a more pleasant stay.

Reviewed 20 September 2021 via mobile

Will not stay here again. It is nearby Cal Poly SLO, which is a good thing.

Unfortunately, that was the only positive thing I can say. Our room was filthy and I am not a clean freak by any sense of the imagination. Our feet and socks got dirty by walking on the floor on the first night, so we had to wear shoes in the room for the second night. The towels and sheets were stained, I am thankful I am vaccinated, I highly doubt any COVID cleaning occurred.

We will be visiting the area periodically for the next few years and we will not stay here ever again. Please ensure the rooms are clean for your future guests, ours was really gross

Room tip: Avoid this hotel, there are many nicer places to stay in this price range
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest Relations Manager, Other at Sands Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2021

davidrF9895GX,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and share your experience! We are very sorry for the cleanliness issues that occurred during your time at our hotel. We do strive to present a super clean property, and we are reviewing your comments with our housekeeping team to make sure all needed improvements are made. You expect and deserve a completely clean hotel room every time you stay with us; we hope that this will be the case during your next stay with us.