“Totally impressive restaurant!!”

Curry Up Now
Ranked #15 of 431 Restaurants in San Mateo
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Owned by local duo, Akash and Rana Kapoor, Curry Up Now was inspired by street food popular in India and other parts of the world. Akash and Rana started Curry Up Now as the Bay Area's very first Indian Street Food truck and have now expanded to five food trucks, four brick & mortar restaurants and two craft cocktail bars named Mortar & Pestle. Items on the menu include the iconic Chicken Tikka Masala Burrito, Deconstructed Samosa, Naughty Naan and Sexy Fries, plus there's an extensive list of gluten free and vegan options. Feeling like a night cap? Head to Mortar & Pestle Bar with friends for handcrafted cocktails, using housemade syrups, or try one of the locally crafted brews on tap.
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

My hubby and I were looking for a chaat place for dinner last night and we found Curry Up Now Street Food in San Mateo.. What a delight!! We walked in and was greeted by this lovely host and she took our orders. We sat down and waited for food to arrive and the same host brought out our Samosas we ordered and they were so incredibly delicious and the chutneys that accompanied it was very good! The tikka masala burrito was brought to our table and my hubby truly loved it!! My Papdi chaat came and it was amazingly creamy and yummy!! Our piping hot masala tea came also and after it cooled, it was very good. The host who took our order brought us this little biscuits that was sooo good and had this with our tea..

I must say that this restaurant at this location in San Mateo is truly my favourite restaurant right now.. From the service to the food and atmosphere, this is the one of the BEST experiences I have ever had... Definitely my new place for Indian street food in California.. I will be telling everyone I know this restaurant is the Best so far!!!

Reviewed 10 July 2015

After passing by this place for so long, today was finally the day I tried it! The place is very cool in the inside there a big bench place for a quick bite and some booth seating for a longer stay I guess. Looked very clean, and the kitchen is just right in front of you.

I had the * item Thali platter, with chicken tikka masala and lamb curry. The platter is huge, a full meal with a little of everything. Just perfect. The naan was warm and buttery. The tikka masala and lamb curry were absolutely delicious. The meat was well cooked and very juicy.

Everything on that platter was absolutely delicious specially for a fast-food kinda food. I am glad I tried it because I am gonna be coming back here again often!

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Perfect place in case you are looking for some Indian style street food; all dishes have been carefully mastered and decor has been crafted in an eclectic fashion to go with the theme of the restaurant.

2  Thank Ankit M
Reviewed 30 June 2015

A good hangout place to try some Indian chaats. Enjoyed the deconstructed samosa and vada paavs. Unfortunately “ chai” was over when there. Overall a good place

Reviewed 26 June 2015

This is a good place to munch on some Indian snacks, Loved the papdi chaat. The Mango lassi was Ok! Overall a nice place to grab a bite