“Very good take out soup, salad dressing cheesy bread”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Ranked #4 of 423 Restaurants in San Mateo
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled alongside a quiet lagoon, our fourth restaurant, and the first to feature the upstairs, upscale Top of the Market, has been a dining destination for bay area residents since 1982. This beautiful restaurant also features a full-service cocktail bar and lounge area, and a popular oyster bar. Patio dining is available in the summer months.
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I love their soups both white and red clam chowder. Their cheesy spread is outstanding on their fresh french bread. We always take it home to prepare. The Louie dressing is one of the best I have ever tasted. The last time we were there the food wasn't on par and tasted different. It seems that the INS raided the restaurant and took all their good cooks. No sure if they straighten this out. I hope they get back to their old quality again.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Stopped in for lunch on Sunday afternoon. Have been to the Fish Market many times over the years and it has always been crowded. Today was great, no wait and got a table by the window with a beautiful view. Good food. A bit pricey but fresh and tasty. Will return.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The Fish Market is very conveniently located off 92 and I often meet friends there when I am in town. Even though this is a seafood place you can always find something else to eat if not in the mood for fish. Good food, friendly and helpful staff, convenient location.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Wow - what a gem of a restaurant. Menu and choice of seafood was amazing. Had the swordfish, rice and vegetables which was excellent. Our table was alongside the river with lovely view.

Food freshness and quality was very good. If your in this area - recommend a visit.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I had lunch there with my family the other day. I had a crab sandwich that was delicious! My cousin had the shrimp scampi and she said that was delicious as well! The atmosphere, the convenient location, and the food make it a place that I would highly recommend. The outdoor deck on a sunny day is just heaven!