“Best Kept Secret for lunch”

Fusion Peruvian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Fusion Peruvian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 449 Restaurants in San Mateo
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Baldwin
Reviewed 21 September 2016

We did not have a reservation for lunch; however, a table for two was available outside, which was great because the weather was mild and we could people watch. The service was excellent. This was my first experience with Peruvian food, so I asked the waiter what he recommended and he pointed out the top two dishes. I chose the quarter baked chicken with roasted veggies and sweet potatoe fries. Absolutely delicious! The chicken will melt in your mouth. It was all delish and right on for my clean eating plan. Reasonably priced as well. The sangria is excellent. TIP: parking in this popular shopping area is very tight (street parking) and it is crowded area, which adds to the vibe. lol

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

A little too pricey for a hole in the wall. Food was average. Bistec a lo pobre (steak meal) was low quality meat, hard to chew. Rice was really good. Fried plantains too dry. Bread and sauces ok but just about a spoon of sauce was served.
Lomo saltado was decent, too much MSG though and we asked with no onions but plate came with half pound of onions. Waiter was pleasantly friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Wow. We tried this for a birthday celebration. Not so appealing from the outside but the inside is nice and the food is so good. Had pisco sours that were just so-so and pricey and grilled baby octopus over causa as an appetizer. Really good!
For dinner ceviche mixto. HUGE with snapper and shrimp And scallops and mussels and hominy and crispy corn. So tasty. Husband had trout over rice and beans, with clams and shrimp and plantains. Very tasty and HUGE. Prices are very good for food. Full bar and great service. We will DEFINITELY return.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

I ate here alone on a Sunday night. Service was generally quick and pleasant but they didn't deliver my cocktail (pisco) until my main course was served. I had Pasta Negra which was very tasty and a Goldilocks size but the shell fish had been cooked till they disintegrated and I abandoned trying to eat the mussels altogether. I had expected more since they are listed in OpenTable; not sure if I'll give them a 2nd try.

Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

We decided to go here to try something new. Nothing special from the front but as you go to the dining room it is a nice little bistro. Leather topped tables. Very pleasant knowledgeable staff. Great selections. I had a NY Strip with very crispy fries, plantain and rice. Others had squid ink pasta, lamb shank, seafood stew and trout. The 1/2 roast chicken was also very good. Big servings all with potatoes and rice. We will be back.