“It’s OK”

Pancho Villa Taqueria
Ranked #2 of 425 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Had a deluxe burrito the other day. A few big pieces of chicken, but was mostly rice. Tasted OK but too much rice for me.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Great Burritos but a bit small. Had the Steak and Shrimp Burrito and it was very good. Takes a long time to get order though. Estimated time for order is about 20-30 mins. Even tried ordered online and still stake 20-30 minutes.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

If you want Mexican food in San Mateo, this is the place. From $7 for three tacos to combination plate of almost any kind for $15 and anything in between. The sauce and condiment table is very special. Definite add flavors to your chips. They also carry erotic drinks from south of the border. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Everything is delicious and freshly made to order with deep flavors and tender meat choices. My 3 favorites are: 1) Chile Verde burrito 2) Fish Taco 3) Shrimp taco. The full plates are excellent but the portions are big so bring your appetite. The staff is friendly and the salsa bar has a great selection. This is my favorite taqueria in the San Mateo area.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

I love Pancho Villas' food, but I was greatly disapointed in todays service, and my last. Today I ordered a torta with refried beans, and wanted avocado added. I was number 24, and after 1/2 hour wait, and noticed that they were calling 27 and number 29, I spoke up and asked for my torta. I then saw my torta, for in service instead of take out like I told them. Got to work late, and no avocado, no beans, cold as heck!! I know they take in a number of large orders, but I would suggest they have certain people working on that, and the rest taking care of the people that walk in, not that they were all working on the large orders. My $6.00, with my melon drink was petty, but it shouldn't be just about the money. And, this is not the first time I get an incomplete order...