“Some of the best sandwiches on the Peninsula hands down”
Review of Ravioli House

Ravioli House
Ranked #71 of 432 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 1 October 2014

They smoke many of their own meats in back! My personal fave is a hot pastrami with cheddar cheese on sliced sourdough with avocado and the jalapeno garlic sauce. Jalapeno garlic sauce is mandatory on any sandwich!

Ravioli is excellent too. I usually buy it cold to cook at home.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We wanted a good lunch that was quick and we were very pleased. My wife had a hot turkey sandwich and I had an Italian chicken sandwich. Both were good and we had leftovers.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch. I ordered a meatball sandwich which was terrific and my cousin ordered a meatloaf sandwich which thoroughly enjoyed.
This place has been here forever and good food is the reason why!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Based on the website & Yelp Reviews I was expecting MUCH better, Clearly the San Mateo locals do not have any good lunch spots to compare it to! After standing in line too long we finally got two just "OK" ravioli dishes and two barely "OK" specialty sandwiches. When we ordered at 1:40 pm they were already out of several bread selections & the "Freshest & Best Cup of Coffee Possible" was tepid, flavorless & delivered from a "pump" vacuum bottle. We did know what kind of sandwich bread we had missed because the crumbs all over the floor identified several varieties.

I would return again if I was in San Mateo and all the other lunch spots were closed!

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

You don't go to this place for a sandwich, although they have them on the menu. You go for the homeade ravioli that comes a dozen varieties with many options for sauce. The plate came to our table and was steaming hot and fresh. The sauce was rich and the ravioli centers were filled with creamy cheese. Big portions so we had leftovers but that is a-ok in my book.