“Everything it claims to be...”
Review of Ravioli House

Ravioli House
Ranked #62 of 418 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 13 October 2014

Remember that whole thing about doing what you do well? The Ravioli House offers excellent homemade ravioli with a variety of fillings and sauce in clean modest shop. Highly recommend the Spicy Sicilian ravioli with a marinara sauce. But man (and woman) does not live by ravioli alone. The deli sandwiches are as delicious as they are creative (meatloaf with pickles on it - I'm just saying).

Reviewed 1 October 2014

They smoke many of their own meats in back! My personal fave is a hot pastrami with cheddar cheese on sliced sourdough with avocado and the jalapeno garlic sauce. Jalapeno garlic sauce is mandatory on any sandwich!

Ravioli is excellent too. I usually buy it cold to cook at home.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We wanted a good lunch that was quick and we were very pleased. My wife had a hot turkey sandwich and I had an Italian chicken sandwich. Both were good and we had leftovers.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch. I ordered a meatball sandwich which was terrific and my cousin ordered a meatloaf sandwich which thoroughly enjoyed.
This place has been here forever and good food is the reason why!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Based on the website & Yelp Reviews I was expecting MUCH better, Clearly the San Mateo locals do not have any good lunch spots to compare it to! After standing in line too long we finally got two just "OK" ravioli dishes and two barely "OK" specialty sandwiches. When we ordered at 1:40 pm they were already out of several bread selections & the "Freshest & Best Cup of Coffee Possible" was tepid, flavorless & delivered from a "pump" vacuum bottle. We did know what kind of sandwich bread we had missed because the crumbs all over the floor identified several varieties.

I would return again if I was in San Mateo and all the other lunch spots were closed!