“Good Sandwiches, Fast Friendly Service, Try the Abbott Sandwich”

Mr. Pickles Sandwich Shop
Ranked #134 of 431 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 6 September 2015

Stopped in on our way through town and specifically went to Mr. Pickles as we had heard good things about other similar shops in other locations. We weren't disappointed as the sandwiches were ginormous and full of fresh ingredients. All 3 of us couldn't finish our respective sandwiches with the sizable bun and all the fixings. The service was friendly and very helpful getting us through the numerous selection decisions. Take out only, no seating. Very reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

Try the Kiss my Angus and The Crusader. Everything is fresh and delish. No complaints except they seem to always be out of sourdough bread.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I just love to get a sandwich from Mr. Pickles Shop because of the yummy Dutch Crunch bread they offer!!

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I was visiting san Mateo and saw this was a good place to get a sandwich. I would say it was pretty good and a very good value for a sandwich and chips it was under $6. I would definitely go back but it is a small place so plan to take your sandwich to the park to eat.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I love this place and have been going to this and other mr. pickle shops for several years. I usually order an Italian sub with ham, salami , cheese, peppers onions, garlic sauce and mustard on a huge sourdough roll. clearly big enough to share and I do try so hard to do that but usually end up eating it all as I can't resist it. I think the price is reasonable for what you get. they are open to substitutions and fix it as you like it which I appreciate. oh and the pickles are great too. place isn't fancy and there is very little room to sit there so plan to take it with you.