“"Go To" Place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2015

I am a native of San Rafael and have been coming year for decades. The food is always consistent and good. They serve all my favourites. Being Italian, that is a lot of entry's.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

Well, this place looks fancy on the outside and it is in a very nice area of San Rafael. Not sure if there is a BAD area of San Rafael.

I'll start with the positives. The waitress was very nice and the water she brought to the table was cold and refreshing. And that's about all the good I can say.

The spaghetti and meatballs I ordered was terrible. The bread was hard and the loud obnoxious people at the next table didn't help the experience one bit.

Needless to say, I will never return.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

They said it would take 45 minutes. An hour and half later we were ordering. They said people wouldn't leave, but plenty of tables in the bar could have been set up and not pissed off those waiting for dinner. Sister wanted half chicken but since it took longer she opted out. We all got pot roast. Couple next to us ordered, but waiter said we go the last of it. Tasting kind of like the last of it. Quite dry for pot roast, but they claim that's the way they have served it for years. Should have gone for burger.....at another place. Place is very retro, so you are always left with a memory....not a good one in this case.

1  Thank Chipzim
Reviewed 13 April 2015

San Rafael has been a regular stop for me, as well as, San Rafael Joe's Italian restaurant.
I stopped in for dinner, sat at the bar in front of the kitchen and had penna pasta Neapolitan with one meatball, and a beer. The staff are always friendly, and I left a satisfied customer.

1  Thank TellTruth2016
Reviewed 10 December 2014 via mobile

I don't know when these guys first open their doors but they've always been a sort of a restaurant landmark in downtown San Raphel very well known for serving excellent meals. I have never had a bad meal there the steaks are awesome. I also like the fact that they are one of the few places from the old days that still have a piano bar with some entertainment in the evening occasionally when I've been there. Sometimes I like to just go and people watch because it can get kinda crowded in there it's so popular and the wait staff oh my gosh they are busy. This downtown landmark has good food good drinks at a reasonable price and it's sort of a fun place to go and people watch.

2  Thank Thomas B