“Why haven't I tried this sooner? ”
Review of Radiance Vegetarian Cuisine - CLOSED

Radiance Vegetarian Cuisine
Reviewed 18 January 2015 via mobile

We come to San Rafael to visit family on a somewhat regular basis. I'm have no idea how I've missed this place in previous searches for vegan food but I will never miss it again.

The staff was very helpful and guided us through the options. The food was super yummy. The music was pleasant and at a comfortable volume. I split the radiance plate with my husband. It was a lot of food and splitting it allowed us to have room for dessert. We ordered one of each dessert to share with the table. All were yummy but I particularly liked the chocolate.

My three omnivores that accompanied me were very happy with their meals, too! I will be back!

2  Thank clvivers

Reviewed 6 November 2014

Cafe Radiance provides the simple, yet, tasty vegetarian meals without any fuss. Open only a few hours a day, and only several days a week, the menu is a delight. Additionally, free music is provided by East Asian musicians which does not overwhelm the dining experience. There is an extensive bookstore in the other half of the building offering books, CDs and other related reading material on spirituality, Zen, vegetarian lifestyles and many other topics.

1  Thank TopChef7
Reviewed 9 October 2014

very San Rafael. New age and delightful.
Good set menu which seldom differs. the soup changes but not much else.
Light and delicious flavors and a friendly atmoshere.
Wednesday thru Saturday lunch only.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

Once every couple of weeks, a friend of mine and I HAVE to have lunch at Radiance. The menu is limited, but for some crazy reason, it is always amazingly satisfying. We are both meat eaters, but crave this vegetarian food and find it is filling and delicious. Now about the decor.....I'm sure the owners shopped for the seating during the recession and got some rock bottom deals on bad, burgundy office chairs, so be aware that seating is not luxurious. And the room you are sitting in looks like last night's seance was a big hit. I'm not sure why this all melds together to make such an interesting dining experience, but after lunching for years in loud restaurants with hard surfaces and mommies yelling at their kids, this place is a true oasis. Try any of the Radiance dishes, and you will be a happy camper. Oh, and it all comes with a side of Zen.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This vegan café is inside a quirky bookstore. They are “all” gluten free except for the salad dressing, but they keep that away from the other items – ie grain dish, vegetable dish, soups, etc. The owner Kilimba is very honest and knowledgeable about Celiac/the extreme needs to be completely gf and without cross contamination. I called to confirm the entire restaurant was gluten free like the website indicates, and the owner (Kilimba) assured me it was. She then called back minutes later to tell me that one of the spices in the salad dressings is from India and is cut with wheat owner -- I definitely appreciated the honesty. The menu is smallish – they have a grain dish, vegetable dish, soup, tapioca pudding, etc. – and all vegan. I got the grain dish – but it was somewhat plain (brown rice, quinoa, and corn). But, it was celiac safe and Kilimba was extremely welcoming.