“Fresh and great lunch place”
Review of Sakura Sushi

Sakura Sushi
Ranked #46 of 246 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Looking for somewhere close to my office and heard about this hidden gem. I had the sushi lunch special, California roll and 8 pieces of sashimi-chef' s choice. Came with miso soup and a small salad. All delicious and a reasonable price for lunch. Will definitely try this place again.

2  Thank Kiddergirl

Reviewed 16 March 2017

I went here not hoping for much, as I have been let down time and time again by sushi in Marin...But...surprise! This place was really good. First of all, the staff are very cheery and helpful, checking on us repeatedly but not in an annoying way. I got the tempura and it was VERY good. tempura so often can be soggy, or oily. This tempura was obviously done the correct way, with very cold batter and very hot oil to minimize grease and to get that really crispy, very light batter.

On to the sushi. We watched the sushi chef use a propane torch to lightly finish off a seared salmon - and our sushi was very, very fresh. My son kept ordering more and more orders after he finished what he initially ordered. The unagi was very good as well.

when the bill came, we found it to be very reasonable as well!

Finally, the atmosphere was very nice in the restaurant, and. although we d dnot have any, there was an extensive sake menu.

Finally good Marin sushi!! Yay!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Beautifully appointed since the remodel. I feel as if I am in a most spectacular restaurant in Japan. The food is the best!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

We always look for the best sushi, and this place is just great. Michael, the owner, is so friendly and helpful, as are the staff. The food is just terrific, so fresh and wonderful, creative sushi rolls. Terrific choice of sake with recommendations if you ask. We wanted to go to this restaurant two nights in a row. That's how good it was. Couldn't get enough in one sitting. Lucky San Rafael!!

1  Thank razortupence
Reviewed 11 December 2015

Went there to pick up some take out, and had a hard time finding them. They're in a corporate business park, but once I sorted that out, I was really impressed.
The restaurant is lovely inside, with a sushi bar,. and plenty of tables. Great decor, very friendly staff.
We had two different Maki rolls, the Volcano roll, and the Tempura Shrimp roll. Both were excellent. We also had Gyoza (good), Golden Tofu (unfortuntely lost it's crispiness by the time we were able to sit down and eat), and teriyaki. Their teriyaki sauce was excellent, not over-sweet like some.