“Good Food, Neighborhood Feel”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hanna's Italian Mediterranean
Ranked #137 of 241 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stopped in after a long day driving on the Hwy 1 and was welcomed and served by Pippa who was lovely. The atmosphere was warm and cozy, the food was excellent. I had the butternut squash ravioli and a salad, my son had lamb and my husband had, of all things in an Italian Mediterranean restaurant, corned beef and cabbage. All dishes were delicious. We enjoyed a very nice bottle of wine recommended by Pippa that complimented each of our dishes.

If I lived in San Rafael this would be on my list of regular places to dine. My son who recently moved to San Anselmo said he'd definitely eat here again.

2  Thank ladyfrmtx
Reviewed 23 January 2013

As a local, I have been coming here for 10-20 years, starting when it was Carlos. Thankfully, Hanna's has kept most all of the good things while keeping the menu fresh and up to date.

The restaurant is a small cozy place that once was a gas station about 30 years ago. The service is warm and friendly and the menu has something for everyone, including vegan and gluten free folks.

For parties of 4 or more, try the Mezza Platter for a shared appetizer: Hummus, Babaganoush, Feta Cheese, Grape Leaves, and Falafel. My friends raved about the butternut squash ravioli. At various times I have had juniper rubbed salmon, lamb shish-kabob, and Italian pot roast seasoned with garlic and cloves. They are all wonderful. For entrees you have a choice between saffron rice or house pasta. I recommend the pasta, which comes in a creamy tomato sauce.

Steve Perry (Journey) was a big fan of the house pasta and I used to see him here from time to time. Nice guy. This is a great place for a date as it is intimate and cozy. Good wine selection too. Outdoor seating when weather allows.

3  Thank BuzzingAlong
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I was here for a bookclub meeting. They were very courteous and the food was good. It was a small space, but perfect for us (about 10 women). I'd recommend it.