“Good hearty vietnamese food”
Review of Pho Monsoon

Pho Monsoon
Ranked #39 of 159 Restaurants in San Ramon
Reviewed 18 January 2017

My go-to place for a hot bowl of soup/pho for a winter lunch.

Love their noodle soups and beef/veg stew. Quite consistent in terms of flavor & quality over the past couple of years I've been frequenting. Place is well lit & clean for a Pho joint. Can get busy past noon, but they try their best to seat & serve promptly. Reasonably priced.

Well recommended.

1  Thank johnmani

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Was looking forward to Pho Ga and hot soup and was not disappointed. However, I have eaten better Pho at NYC and hence, it did not fully match my expectations. The fresh spring roll too, could have been better.

The service was excellent! Prices were very reasonable. The portion was good.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Solid Vietnamese food. Their phos are consistently good, i tried most of them. Quick service, efficient. Can take out.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

I was not overly impressed. The service was a bit slow and not genuine. I ordered Pho. The broth was lackluster and not as flavorful as other Pho restaurants I have visited. Add that to the disingenuous service, I will probably not return.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I eat at Monsoon Pho regularly as I think their Satay Shrimp Pho is the best pho in America. The broth is hearty and the ingredients fresh. My husband switches back and forth between pho and the rice bowls there.

Their takeout presentation is the best! It's deconstructed. Broth in one soup-type container. Meats and veggies in another plate-type container. It's really great if you want to pick it up early and eat late. Just toss it all in the pan to heat it up and it will taste exactly as it does in the restaurant.

Pho, when left over changes texture. Don't get me wrong, I love leftover Satay Shrimp Pho, but it's very different from fresh made. The liquid of the leftover pho soaks into the noodles and it's more like a noodle dish than a soup dish the longer it sits.