New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and 1 more site!
Beach House Inn
Ranked #6 of 20 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
los angeles
“Brightness of home away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

My room was ready when I arrived from the train station at around 10:30 am. My 20% car free discount was honored after presenting my ticket stub. I was given the key to my room and directed upstairs (Queen Patio).

I had a spacious room with lots of sun light. It was clean and reminded me of being home away from home. There was a closet with plenty of hangers, a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker (with coffee, sugar, creamer), toaster, and cupboard with glasses, dishes, and utensils. There were plenty of drawers as well.

The bathroom has the pink tile as advertised which brought a whimsical feel. The window provided a view of the courtyard and the quiet residential neighborhood.

There was a flat screen TV mounted on the wall with sufficient channels to keep me occupied. There was a ceiling fan as well as a standing fan with controls. There was a gas fireplace which was a nice touch ... useful in cold mornings. The bedroom windows provided a view in the direction of the beach but without the hustle and bustle of traffic or crowd. I stayed mid-week, Wednesday and Thursday in November 2011, so I really appreciated the quiet time.

The deck was nice but I didn't really use it that much. It was good for the view and I enjoyed the night sky in the evenings. Sunset colors were nice, too, when I returned from a wine tour one day.

I was in Santa Barbara for a leisure stay and being at Beach House Inn was the ideal place to be after walking and sightseeing during the day. It was comfortable, quiet, and cozy, and the brightness and warmth of sun light in the morning were invigorating. I had what I needed and was very pleased. I would stay again when I get the chance to visit Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: I would book the Queen room (upstairs) again for a solo traveler like me. I like the spaciousness of...
Stayed November 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

What a nice place! Charm spilling out all over the place, and one of the few places I've stayed where I wish I had MORE time to spend in the room. The room for three guests was bigger than my apartment, with a full kitchen, living room and bedroom. The kitchen had all amenities, including a table, glasses and dishes, dishwashing liquid, silverware, etc. The living room was spacious, and the bedroom the same. My favorite touch may be the cute little touches in the bathroom, but I won't spoil the surprise - small things, but made me smile. The one thing they could do to improve the room would be to add some additional mirrors, but this may have only stuck out to me because I was travelling with three women and there was a lot of makeup applying to do with little place to do it. Quiet area, not far from the beach, short walk to the shops -- all in all, I would love to be able to visit again and would stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank blinky8
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

What a great little place - stayed here on my way through a California roadtrip where I was making my way on a budget, and this was a really welcome change from roadside motels.

I arrived early and was greeted by the incredibly friendly owner, who not only let me in ahead of check-in time but also gave me various tips for how to explore Santa Barbara. Then when I got into the room I was pleasantly surprised by the space - and the bed was extremely comfortable.

Clean, friendly, affordable and most of all charming - I'd recommend it to anyone visiting Santa Barbara.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

I was fortunate enough to secure a room at the last minute here. I have traveled extensively throughout europe and frequented many B&B's. This rivals the best and I would not hesitate in the least to recommend it. The rooms are absolutely sparkling and the staff is super friendly. Forget the big chains and don't be a number. Although I live just around the block, I always have my out-of-town guest reside there for the full amenties are perfect. Great job to Pam and her crew!!!

Christopher C. from Santa Barbara..

Room Tip: All rooms have a fireplace in lieu of a heater so you can't go wrong!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Central Saanich, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband and I stopped for one night on our way up the coast without having booked accommodation in advance. We found this place on Tripadvisor and were so pleased when we arrived. This inn is an absolute gem! The owners are so friendly and keep the rooms absolutely immaculate. We had hoped for a nice room and maybe a fridge but to our delight there was a full kitchen, as well as a king sized very comfortable bed and lovely bathroom with dressing area outside of it. Outside, there is a pretty little grassed courtyard with comfy chairs and little bistro tables to sit at. After checking in we went off to explore the beautiful town of Santa Barbara, came back, made dinner and walked the two short blocks to the boardwalk along the beach. What a wonderful little stop and for sure we will stay here again, only next time for longer.
p.s. The price is amazing too!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple