“They Should Sell Their Chili In A Can”
Review of Cajun Kitchen Cafe

Cajun Kitchen Cafe
Ranked #113 of 553 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Description: It seems like every other restaurant in the chain is listed on your site except this one. The one on Chapala Street is definitely the best!!
Reviewed 15 May 2017

After visiting their Ventura location a handful of times, we decided to try one of their Santa Barbara locations while in town for a wedding. The food & the service were so good we came back the next day (we do this Ventura as well). Amazingly, we got a free plate of beignets the second trip when someone's order got mixed up (alas, that hasn't happened yet in Ventura). After the beignets, they brought out a breakfast burrito with andouille sausage smothered in their delicious chili. I have never tasted chili like theirs & it is easily my personal favorite. Now all they have to do is start canning it so I can enjoy it locally.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Something for everyone: pancakes, omelette, Cajun-style dishes, great service and relaxed atmosphere- we enjoyed a delicious breakfast as a family.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

My girlfriend and I were heading home from a wine tasting trip and stumbled in this place, food was amazing and plentiful for a very good price. Friendly atmosphere and excellent service

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

My bf and I wanted to grab some breakfast before heading back to LA. Walked along State Street Yelping some places. This review is for the Cajun Kitchen Cafe on 901 Chapala Street. It got an average of four stars out of over 300 reviews on Yelp which is really good. Plus I wanted to try something different than your standard eggs & ham type of place and this place fit the bill especially after I watched the movie Chef.

The place was packed when we arrived a little before 10 am on Sunday. We wrote our names down on the clipboard and asked if the seats at the counter was first come first serve. The hostess said it was. Bingo. Waited about 10 minutes and swooped in on two seats that became available.

We both ordered the jambalaya with egg and cornbread. The jambalaya came out hot and didn't disappoint. It's got some heat to it so not for people who can't handle spicy food. They also have omelettes and your standard diner breakfast.

The place is buzzing with activity and I love sitting at the counter watching the hustle & bustle of the morning rush. I love the video game Diner Dash and you get a sense of that sitting at the counter. Everyone was super friendly and on point. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Four of us enjoyed our breakfast here after a long bike ride. There are plenty of meals to chose from and if you like spicy-this is the place to go.