“Trying hard”

Eureka!
Ranked #53 of 553 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A collection of America's best. Eureka! Features an elevated American selection of craft beer, whiskey, regional wine, & locally sourced ingredients
Reviewed 5 August 2017

I was at an event at Paseo Nuevo and it was catered by Eureka! The food was interesting and the folks from Eureka! tried hard. I am mixed about the Eureka! because it is in a busy pedestrian mall and can feel very touristy, but every time I go I feel like it is well run and very good food and drink

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We ordered a salad and salmon. My partner enjoyed his ample salmon. My choice was too spicy (I don't like spicy things at all which so many restaurants have now), then I tried their ceviche...it was superb, big portion for an appetizer! Attentive service.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I definitely recommend this restaurant, they are very accommodating and it is a great, pleasant vibe!

The food was good - the steak salad was amazing!! The waitors are very lovely and chatty too! Definitely recommend the visit :)!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We were looking for a casual place for dinner with kids and grandson. eurika was suggested but I was hesitant having had a fair to poor experience at their Irvine/UCI location. totally different here. Staff was very accommodating. They were particularly sensitive to my 4 year old grandson, making sure he got his food right away, crayons while he waited. A good variety of food for everyone from salads to burgers. One issue we had with Irvine location was the level of the music...couldn't even have a conversation. staff there ignored us there. Here it was background music as it should be. Definitely will return and maybe try Irvine again. They can thank the folks in Santa barbara.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Decided to do an early, light dinner at Eureka's happy hour [before 6:00 p.m.]. The chicken sliders were good but ordinary, and the mahi-mahi tacos were too spicy for my taste, totally overwhelming any taste the chunks of fish might have had. Maybe should have ordered the burgers, their specialty. But did enjoy the $3 large glass of "hoppy poppy" beer.