“Tasty Tartar Sauce and Bacon Bits in the Clam Chowder”
Review of On The Alley

On The Alley
Ranked #103 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 7 January 2018

First time here, party of 3: I had a fish taco and bowl of clam chowder, my wife had the fish and chips, and my daughter also had clam chowder. The tartar sauce with the fish and chips added to the fresh and tasty fish, both for the taco and the fish and chips. The sourdough bread with the clam chowder was fresh and warm. There is no inside dining, only tables out along the alley. Have a jacket or sweater in case of cool weather.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

We weren't sure what the parking would be like when we looked up where this place was. But the reviews made it sound like just what we were looking for, casual, relatively quick and moderately priced.

We were amazed! We found parking immediately, we walked right up and were able to order immediately.

The food was delicious! I had the clam and chips. My family had an assortment of tacos. The avocado taco changed my whole world, so delicious.

Only downside is that it is super small, we knew that going in but they only have outdoor seating so if you are sensitive to sun like my mom is, be aware there may not be much shade. Also they have a couple of individual tables but mostly what they have is a community table, which was fine. And you are eating on a literal alley where fishing trucks and all kinds of stuff pull through several times. Public restrooms are nearby.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Stopped for a quick bite while at the SB Habor. Good, value option with outdoor seating/picnic tables. Broad menu of quick bites - burgers, tacos, fish + chips, etc. Enjoyed the meal and the harbor.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Went here for an early lunch while working on a friends boat at the harbor. I had the fish and chips and my wife had calamari and chips. I wanted to get the veggie burger but fish and chips were shouting my name!
Good quality, fresh fish and calamari. We will be back on the next trip to try more menu items.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Two of us stopped here for lunch while walking along the pier. The service was super friendly and the food was good, but the real winner was dessert -- homemade blueberry crisp. Go for the crisp if nothing else!