“Outstanding food & service!”

Chuck's Waterfront Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Chuck's Waterfront Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 569 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Chuck's was recommended to my husband by one of the locals he met at the business conference we were in town for. We're so glad we took the advice! Upon arrival, the hostess was welcoming & friendly. We were promptly seated once Chuck's opened for dinner at 5 PM. We started with the crab cakes, which were very good & the lobster bisque, which was disappointing. It had the appearance & texture of a tomato soup, with some lobster flavor. The lobster was almost unnoticeable in it, possibly pureed. I'm a lobster bisque fan, with the expectation of a rich, cream-colored, velvety bisque with plenty of lobster. They have a lot of room for improvement. I would skip it next time.
For dinner, I had the Grilled Lobster Tail, which was phenomenal! It was already out of the shell when it arrived and was melt in my mouth texture, with a delicious flavor! It's kind of comical that I ate Maine lobster in CA, but it was truly one of the best lobsters I've ever had. Highly recommended. The only disappointment with the lobster was its size, but that's no fault of Chuck's.. it's just small when compared to enormous rock lobster tails I've had in St. Kitts!
My husband had the Waterfront Crusted Halibut. The hailbut was light & flakey, with great flavor! The garlic mashed potatoes, teriyaki rice and the bread that came with our meals were excellent, as well. We were both pleased with our drinks - Chuck's Famous Mai Tai and the Irish Mule. The desserts - Chocolate Lava Cake & Creme Brulee were also, very good. Our waiter provided attentive & friendly service! Chuck's was an overall excellent experience, which we would highly recommend!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Busy evening so made a booking via OpenTable.
Nice table with a fire pit in the middle
Had a nice draft Mexican pilsner to drink
Bread was hot fresh & tasty as was the lobster bisque
From Salmon to Steak was lovely
My shrimp & fish pasta was lacking on the pasta front and was more like a fish stew
Dessert of McConnell ice cream was amazing but this decaf coffee was disgusting
I would go back but choose wiser

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We came across Chuck's Waterfront Grill while visiting Santa Barbara and we are glad we stopped in. My husband and I were actually on our way to the restaurant next door on a recommendation. However, that place was really overcrowded (7:30 on a Saturday night that's expected but this was crazy). So, we decided to go next door to the Waterfront Grill. They quoted a 45 minute wait, but it was more like 10 minutes (not sure what happened there). We were seated outside on a beautiful patio area. The tables are not crowded together, it was quite, the views of the harbor are lovely and the service was wonderful. Some of the tables have fire pits in the middle, which I loved. It was much more relaxing then the chaos next door. We both ordered the clam chowder and a Caesar salad. We always get full on chowder so we didn't bother with an entree. Also, I did notice that a lot of yelpers were unhappy with their entrees but loved the chowder (it was a long day and we didn't feel like experimenting). The chowder was really good and the Caesar salad was actually the best I have had in a restaurant in a long time. The only minor flaw would be that we had to ask for the bread basket (maybe because we didn't order regular entrees) and the bartender was WAY too heavy handed with the liquor in the long island ice tea (good thing we had a cola to mix in). Our overall experience for what we had was very good. Although I cannot speak for the other menu items we did completely enjoy what we had and the service and ambiance was wonderful.

1  Thank hotellover13
Reviewed 16 July 2017

I see mixed reviews, but our experience was outstanding. The hostess was pleasant, the waiter was helpful and attentive. The menu said "Pacific Oysters". So I asked what the oysters were and he had an immediate answer. I appreciated the fact that he knew his menu. We had local Sea Bass which was excellent--prepared just right.
On the waterfront, so great ambiance.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Went to another restaurant in the area but the wait was too long, we got right in. Food was fresh and delicious. Clam chowder very good. Services was nice and patio seating is a must have. Highly recommend

1  Thank 3vickih