“This place was Great”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2016

The food and the presentation were fantastic. Everything in SB is expensive, but if you are hanging out on State Street, check out this restaurant. We at their for breakfast. I will ay that the asparagus eggs I ordered tasted wonderful, however, when I had them "to-go" so I could finish later, it smelled like fish... ? Couldn't quite understand that. The french toast is a sour dough baguette soaked in the flavors of cinnamon and cream.. We enjoyed it.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

My girlfriend and I had breakfast here on a Friday morning. It wasn't crowded so we got a table right away. We split the fresh berries and opted not to have them topped with whipped cream. They were delicious. I ordered two eggs with potatoes, bacon and toast. The eggs, bacon and toast were delicious. The potatoes tasted like they'd been cooked in grease previously used to fry or saute fish. My girlfriend ordered the french toast. The "toast" was lengthwise pieces of a loaf of their bread. It was a huge amount of food, and my friend said it would have been a lot better if they had sliced the bread. Service was good and the restaurant is conveniently located on State St.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

We ate here at the suggestion of our hotel and a friend. We shared a starter of fried green tomatoes, which were succulent and tangy. They were served with a fresh tomato/corn salsa and a tasty dill cream dipping sauce. For entrees we had the shrimp and grits and the fried chicken. The shrimp and grits were served with a yummy tomato/sausage gravy and sweet potato chips. The chicken wasn't exactly what I expected. Instead of individual bone-in pieces, the dish consisted of one boneless breast half with an attached bone-in wing drumette. The breast part had been pounded thin and the whole piece had then been battered and fried. It was delicious and not at all greasy. This was served with a very nice chicken gravy (on the side), mashed potatoes, and a mess of sauteed Swiss chard and corn. The whole dish was just outstanding!

For dessert we shared a bananas Foster, although my wife ate most of it as I was already stuffed.

We had this dinner on a Tuesday evening at around 6:30 PM and were surprised that the restaurant was practically empty. Perhaps this is because it only very recently began serving dinner. Indeed, Tripadvisor still lists its hours as 8 AM to 2 PM. But do please try Tupelo Junction for dinner as well. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Had lunch there yesterday, blackened salmon salad and fried green tomatoes BLT. The bacon was overcooked, charred and as such the whole sandwich dry. The salmon was actually hard on the outside and not surprisingly very dry inside. Just seemed that the bacon and salmon was thrown in a fryer rather then carefully cooked. Did not find the waiting staff particularly friendly either.

Given the amount if good brunch places in SB probably won't be going back here.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

For years this place has been my FAVORITE restaurant. It's the first place I've ever had green fried tomatoes and the fried chicken is the best fried chicken you will find anywhere. They have a vegetarian dish which is amazing. All the food is based on a southern cooking fare but with a neuvo bistro flair. Go here! You will not be disappointed. A little history, they've been around for 20 years, the gal who started it was in her 20s at the time. She's been through a lot, but she knows how to do a restaurant. They moved once, the original building they were in on De La Guerra and Chapala has been torn down and rebuilt. I think they are closed on Mondays.